Chapter 2

"Hey, Rose! Wait for me!" Sweet yowled pitifully as she hauled herself over the rim of the basket, and stumbles after her much more adventurous sister. Rose's brown pelt flashed up ahead, and Sweet pelted towards her, hobbling as fast as she can, looking up and around. Wow, the world is so big! Sweet's den seemed huge, the ceiling countless tail-lenghts above her head, the floor soft and fluffy, the walls and oddly placed objects bright and colourful. Out a transparent section of the den wall, Sweet could see even more.

        "Enjoying your first exploraton, Sweet?" Jada stood above her kit, and leaned down to lick a tuft of fly-away fur. Sweet squealed in protest and wiggled away from her mother, who's whiskers twitched in amusment. "Getting too old to need grooming?" She purred, and flicked her ears affectionantly.

        "Yes! I'm all grown up, and I-" Sweet breaks off from her exicted rambling to yawn loudly. "Someday I'm going to see the whole wide world!!"

        "I'm sure you will" Jada mumbles softly, full of thought. "But for now, all you'll be seeing is a nap!" She adds cheerfully, and Sweet groans. Smiling knowingly, Jada leans down to pick up Sweet by the scruff, and trots to place her gently in the basket. Sweet yawns and pushes her tortoiseshell pelt against the soft blanket, sighing when Jada slides back in, dangling Rose.

        Rose, protestfull but also tired, snuggles up against Sweet. Jada runs her toungue gently over both kits. Sweet was ready to doze off, but Rose was fitful. "Jada, I can't sleep!" She moans. "I want to explore now!"

        Jada smiles. "There are more places to explore than you know, Rose, and someday you'll see them all!" She murmurs excitedly.

        Rose, looking very interested, flips onto her stomach, and purrs. "Tell me!!!" She pleads.

        Just then, a short sound on the window rang out. There sat a cream tom. Jada's ears perk up, and she gives Rose a brisk lick, and another for Sweet. "I'll be back, kittens!" She meows, and gets up, padding towards the cat-flap.

        Sweet yawns. She was tired. She could play more later.