The Doll

The Doll Chapter 1 Beginning.

A small girl of about five years old was walking with two adults, a man and woman, hand in hand with them both. They were clearly the girl's parents. She had long brown hair that curled in little bunches, especially around her shoulder's, just like her Mamma's; crystal blue eyes like her Papa's. "Mamma, where are we going?" she asked in a small, soft voice.

"Hush, baby... You'll see soon..." came the woman's quiet reply, as the small family continue to walk. It was at the peak of night, the little child could tell because the full moon was at its highest point in the sky. It was very strange that both of her parents wished to walk somewhere when it was clearly her bed time. Her white dress that came close to her feet would have tripped her by now if it weren't for them holding her hands. The girl's eyes drooped a bit in weariness as they walked for what seemed like an eternity. She had so many questions that both her Mamma and Papa wouldn't answer, claiming she would see soon enough. She began to wonder if it had anything to do with all the weird things happening with her...

A few days ago it had started with her seeing weird flashes of her parents, but the two looked much younger, closer to teenagers, laughing and smiling at times, other times fighting and arguing. Those times she would start screaming for them to stop fighting, because they loved each other and she loved them. Next thing she knew, she would be in her Mamma's arms, being rocked and gently hushed until she calmed down and would explain. It was clear that they would become very confused but would brush it off with a smile, but the small girl would be able to see the uneasiness in their eyes.

Then there was just yesterday when she was looking at a picture, thinking maybe it should be put somewhere else. The little girl heard her mother gasp in horror as the painting suddenly was slowly lifted from its place and screamed for her father. "PAUL! PAUL! GET IN HERE, LOOK AT WHAT CARA IS DOING!" She then heard her father running downstairs.

"Melanie, what are you yelling-?!" he started until he saw the floating picture frame and his jaw seemed to drop open. "WHAT THE HELL?!" The little girl, Cara, blinked in confusion and looked over at her frightened and perplexed parents. The picture that showed the three of them, a happy little family, dropped to the ground, shattering the glass that held the photo in the frame.

"Mamma...? Papa...? What... Happened?" Cara asks them quietly, hoping they would have an answer. But the two adults were just as confused as their daughter.

Cara looks up at her parents once more, looking from Paul to Melanie then forward once more. What was going to happen to her? Was she a freak? Did they not want her? Millions of questions ran through and tormented the little girl's head as they walked. Then, in the distance, she saw a fairly large building. She had never seen it before, but she's also never been this way either.

"Papa, where are we going?" the small girl tried asking again. This time... There was no answer. That really worried her.

The family of three walked up to the double doors of the large grey facility looking building. There were no signs anywhere, few widows and large barb wired fences all around the surrounding area, making a large rectangle that connected from both left and right of the building. She could already tell that she wouldn't like it... It felt weird to be even near this place, let alone right at the front door. Her father pressed a button on something that looked like an intercom on the wall. "The Cole family is here..." he says into it. Almost immediately, a young woman's voice answered.

"I'll buzz you in," she replies from that same communicator thing. The next thing Cara knew, the doors suddenly opened slowly. That only made her even more uncomfortable, but her parents continued to usher her inside, against her will. The poor girl blinked as she looked around. The inside looked similar to that of a hospital in a way, a desk where another intercom sat as well as a young woman, clearly the same one that let them in. She was typing away at her computer. The child saw a few chairs as well as a table with a few magazines and a vase with flowers inside, but really nothing else. There were a couple corridors, as well as an elevator, some stairs, and an emergency exit in case of fires. However... What was missing, besides an actually welcoming main hallway, were people. She didn't see anyone else inside the place but her, her Mamma and Papa, and the woman at the desk. Where was everyone? 'In such a large place, shouldn't there be more people?' the girl wondered as she was then taken to the only desk.