The Doll ch.3

The Doll Chapter 3 Explanations.

"What do you mean, Mary?" Cara asks her friend, only to have her fall silent. A mere second later, the door opened. Her heart dropped when she saw who was there.

"Cara, it's time for your training," Dr.Clark informs her. Oh, how she disliked how those cloudy blue eyes glimmered with kindness and warmth. /There is nothing warm and kind about you. You took me away from my Mamma and Papa,/ she thought in annoyance to herself. However, she didn't dare to argue or question him. She holds Mary close to her and hops down, off of her bed. She wasn't about to just leave her alone, not when she needed someone to be with her. The man obviously took note of this and gave a slightly disapproving look.

"Cara, you should leave your new doll here," he suggests to her in a gentle voice. The young girl disliked that more for the fact it was coming from him. Had it been from Mrs.Stewart, or even Mary herself, she would have considered it. Instead of being a good little patient, she shook her head and looked up at him defiantly.

"No. I am taking Mary with me," she responds sternly. She may only be five, but she wasn't about to let someone she barely knew boss her around. Adult or not, she didn't trust him; she didn't like him. She's seen her Mamma do the same thing to strangers too. The frown clearly showed that Dr.Clark did not like this retort by any means.

"Cara, you need to leave her here. In your training, you could accidentally hurt, Mary, right?" he adds in a slightly questioning voice, wanting to be sure he had heard the doll's name clearly. The child opened her mouth to give a, what her Papa would call a, 'smarty pants' comment' when a new voice intervened.

"Just let Cara take me. I don't like being alone, after all," the female voice chimes in. Cara knew immediately who had spoken. She looks down to see that Mary had indeed spoken, and was now shaking her head. The once lifeless doll lifts a hand and shakes a finger in front of the doctor.

"She only wants to have her friend there with her," she continues to a clearly bewildered man. He stares at his patient's toy, his mouth agape in shock. The small girl gives him a kind of cocky little grin that clearly stated 'You should have just let me take her,' before giggling.

"So, can I take her now?" she asks him, her voice laced with child-like innocence, as if nothing had happened. Dr.Clark sighs in defeat, knowing he certainly wasn't about to change her mind.

"Ok, Cara. If it makes you feel better, you may take Mary with you to training," he finally agrees, though it was clear in his tone that he didn't like giving in so quickly. Yet, the fact that this doll was talking, even /moving/ like a human greatly disturbed him. And also sent his mind in a whirl wind of thoughts that he couldn't answer now. He nods to the little girl and her friend, before he turned around and began to lead them both to the training room. The brown haired child runs after the doctor, even though it was the last thing she wanted to do. She didn't want to be in a place with him, especially if it was only them. So, having Mary there would help a lot, keep her from being as scared of him. They walked together in complete silence, going through large corridors, the walls seeming to never change, the halls never ending. Sometimes they would turn a corner, once even went up a flight of stairs.

Finally, they stopped in front of a door. Dr.Clark puts in a code, the metal, computerized door sliding open, with a small 'ding'. The once red light to the side, a bit above the door changed to green. He nods towards the door with a kind smile. "After you," he tells her in his usual hypnotic like voice she couldn't stand. With a small huff, and cross of her arms, Cara enters the unfamiliar room. Well, they may as well have just stayed in her room. The only difference was that the room was larger, and had no bed. There were no windows, still, and a table, but now, there were two chairs. How exciting.

"Take a seat," she hears the man direct her. Again with being a 'smarty pants' the little girl sits on the floor, looking up at him expectantly. He sighs and shakes his head. "No, in a chair, Cara."

"I like the floor," she states simply. That wasn't true, of course. She just liked seeming to get under his skin. It definitely was working though as he walks and sits in his own chair.

"Cara. Sit in the chair," he orders her once more, the way he said it showing he was starting to lose patience with her. She decided that now was a good time to stop pushing her luck. No need to get into huge trouble, after all. The little girl gets up, off the ground, before going to sit beside him. However, she pointedly moves her chair further away from the man, not wanting to be near him. The chair screeched against the white tiled floor, and she hoped that bothered Dr.Clark as well. Once in her seat, she adjusts her doll, just a little, to sit in her lap now.

"Now, Cara, what have you experienced before?" he asks her curiously. She gives him a blank stare, having no idea what on earth he meant.

"What I have experienced before? With what?" She questions him, though she had a feeling it had to do with her "illness". He didn't seem to be annoyed by the question at all, like he expected them. Jerk.

"I mean at home, that brought you here," he explains to her, which enforced her belief on it being about her being sick and her so called training. She knew she had to tell him, even though she didn't like it.

"I get strange nightmares of my Mamma and Papa from when they were younger, fighting all the time. Then a picture frame I couldn't even touch, started floating up and broke when I looked away since it fell," she replies in a slightly bored tone. She didn't like talking to him by any means. But whatever got her out of this room and away from him quicker. Dr.Clark nods in understanding, writing on a clipboard, wait. Clipboard? When did that get there? The small girl goes through the whole thing through her mind. No. He definitely wasn't holding a clipboard when he came and got her. He didn't have it on the table when they got inside. Something was obviously not right here. The man seemed to take note of this with a slightly amused smile.

"You're wondering where I got my clipboard from," he states, making sure it didn't come out as a question. It was a statement after all. The child stares at him, blinking, her blue eyes showing just how confused she was. So, he was a mind reader too? Just what she needed.

"And what if I am? You won't tell me where it came from. You won't tell me anything," she replies indignantly, it being clear she disliked the fact that he had been acting so secretive. He offers a more gentle smile, which she didn't really care for either. She just glares at him, expecting an answer.

"Well, Cara, I am going to start answering your questions. But first, we need to come to an understanding," the doctor replies to her, seeming to not even be phased by her glare.

"Come to an understanding? I understand a lot. Like how you're a big jerk who took me away from my mamma and papa, and you're also really weird and creepy," she answers him hotly. In doing so, she clenched her fists, her eyes seeming to flash dangerously. The pencil he had been using suddenly flew out of his hand, and to the wall. Cara blinks and stares at the writing utensil that just flew across the bare room. Dr.Clark didn't throw it, and there was no one else in the room besides her and Mary. Neither of them touched the pencil either. However, the young male didn't seemed surprised or freaked out in the slightest.

"What just-?" She started to ask, only to be cut off, which of course bugged her.

"Telekinesis. Though this term has been replaced with psychokinesis, but I believe telekinesis will be easier to remember," he began to tell her, before looking to his pencil. After a second, it flew back into his hand as if thrown to him. Before the brown haired child could even ask him about it, he continued speaking. "You have the power to move things with your mind. I believe you also have psychic powers and will see both the past and the future. With more training you'll also be able to manipulate things, temperatures, electronics, and more. You should also be able to levitate soon enough." Cara stared at him in shock, not believing a word he said. She couldn't do all of that! Then, she remembered what's already happened. The picture frame, the dreams. It suddenly felt like everything was coming together. She looks at the man she didn't like, yet held the ability to help her. She would have to play his little doctor-patient game.

"What do I do to get better?"