The Doll ch.4

The Doll Chapter 4 Training

"You have to concentrate, Cara," Dr.Clark informed his new patient for what seemed like the millionth time for her. This just mad her upset and glare up at him, puffing out her cheeks.

"I'm /trying/," she answers in annoyance. She had seemed to he trying this one weird exercise for what felt like two hours. Yet, it had only been about fifteen minutes since the doctor had given her her directions.

"Look at the spoon, and concentrate your energy on bending it, even if it's only a little," he had instructed. At first, Cara had tried being a smarty pants once more and started trying to bend it using her hands. That earned her a heavy sigh from the lab coat wearing man. /Good, be annoyed. I didn't want it to be easy for you,/ she thought with an inward grin.

"Not using your hands, Cara. Your mind, nothing else," he corrected himself, though his tone had shown he was not amused and knew what she was doing.

That's how she found herself in this situation, trying to bend the spoon without using her hands. Well, besides to hold the utensil. To say the least, it was really frustrating. It was starting to upset the poor girl already. She really was trying, trying with everything she had. Obviously it wasn't enough.

"Cara, you're not focusing. You have to clear your mind and just concentrate on the spoon. If you put your mind to it, know exactly what you want it to do, you'll be fine," he explains to her. This was making the brown haired child's head hurt. /Well, maybe I want this spoon to fly out and hit you!/ she thought, a burst of anger shooting through her. Without warning, that was exactly what the metal in her hand did, shocking her again. He didn't seem to be phased in the slightest, as he reaches up and catches the projectile that nearly hit his face.

"Well, I suppose we're somewhat making progress," He murmurs slowly, clearly bewildering Cara. It wasn't that that wasn't what she had wanted to do, and it worked. It was the fact that /he/ had known that was what she had wanted to do. He wasn't suppose to know that! /Was it just a lucky guess?/ she wondered to herself, thinking that that had to be right. Suddenly, blue-grey eyes were rolled in a somewhat impatient way. What had she done to him? She opened her mouth to ask, only to be interrupted.

"Mind reading. Cara, I can hear your thoughts, and I already know you don't like or trust me," Dr.Clark tells her bluntly. "At this stage, I do not know if your powers will developer to where you'll also read minds, but at this time, no. I expected it to happen, Cara." Well, that was no fair! He could listen to her thoughts, but she couldn't listen to his? Mean.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She questions him indignantly, clenching her fists. He could now start feeling a sense of energy building within her. As the practice had gone on, she was told to pay close attention to that feeling. It would tell her if it would get overwhelming, or if she was doing something right. Or, at least, that's how she took it. Now, she could feel it getting bigger and bigger, obviously becoming more powerful. "You told me other things I could possibly do, but not this?!" The young man lifted his hands in surrender, shaking his head.

"Now, now. I couldn't overwhelm you with everything at once," he points out to her. Suddenly, there came a new voice to intervene.

"Cara, I think he was trying to protect you. He just didn't do it in the right way," Mary suddenly pipes up. The two humans snap their attention to the doll, as she stood up, blinking, as she looks between them. "Normally, I would never try to defend someone's mistakes. But this is different. His intentions were good."

"He shouldn't have lied or kept something from me," Cara points out irritatedly. The human like toy smiles and raises her hands.

"I know this, Cara. But look at the bigger picture. He /is/ trying to help you," she insists, though the way she said it sent a chill up the doctor's spine. He clearly didn't like the sound of that, even if she was defending him.

"Alright. This is enough training, for now. We'll continue working more on your concentration tomorrow, Cara," Dr.Clark decides. With that, the brown haired girl runs and grabs Mary, before quickly running after him. No one said another word the whole time.