Chapter I: The Storm

There was once a group of kittens who were in the middle of a dark forest at night with nowhere to go. There was a crackle in the sky and little drops of rain starting falling from the sky. So Palettekit ran and found a hole in the bottom of a tree trunk so they all ran and hid in the hole in the trunk. Palettekit was soaked and shook off the water along with the other kittens. Still damp, Palettekit asked, "Is everyone alright?". Everyone nodded. She then said "We need to find a place to stay after this storm is over.." "We could always stay here and make it more of a home when the storm stops!" Streamkit bursted out for an idea. Palettekit looked at Streamkit "True.." she paused " We'll make it more of a home tomorrow if the storm stops!" She said boldly to the other kits.

Every kit went to sleep except Palettekit because she was making sure no predators came in to attack. After the moon has lowered and the sun has risen, Palettekit was asleep then woke up. After four hours waking the rest of the kittens up to build the home.

Ashkit went behind Palettekit and said "boo", Palettekit then Clawed Ashkit in the face as a reflex. "Nyowww!" Ashkit yelped, "Sorry, but you know better than sneaking up behind me like that." Palettekit said calmly. "Are we going to start building yet?" Cleokit asked softly, Palettekit looked at Cleokit then nodded while saying "Yes."

Palettekit then went out of the trunk hole and sat quite a distance from the tree to get a good view of it, it was about six feet wide and as tall as the sky, well that's what Palettekit thought, it was because it was out of her sight. Sunkit came out of the trunk sitting beside Palettekit.

"Got any ideas?" Sunkit said. Palettekit looked at Sunkit and said "We could possibly put if floors and tree rooms for aid and storage", Sunkit looked at Palette kit away from the tree " I think that's a perfect idea!" Sunkit smiled while saying so. Palettekit looked from the tree back to Sunkit "Can you go get the others, so we can start construction?"Palettekit said calmly, Sunkit said, "Of course.".

Sunkit walked into the hole of the trunk getting the others up because they fell asleep again. "Whaat?" Moonkit moaned while he was waking up. Sunkit looked at all the kits; "Come on get up, we need to start construction!"Sunkit mewed. "Aight" Streamkit mewed happily but still half asleep, standing up rubbing her eyes. Everyone walked out of the trunk squinting from how bright it was, then sitting beside Palettekit. "So what's the plan?" Ashkit asked beside Palettekit. "We are going to use the inside of the tree since its spiraling up inside of the bark as room source and we are going to build little tree houses for storage and aid," Palettekit said maturely.

"Wow, you are like a true leader Palettekit," Cleokit said softly trying not to get noticed. "Yes, yes I am," Palettekit said with pride while watching Cleokit's eyes widen with a slight blush when being

noticed. "So we starting yet?" Streamkit said interrupting the moment. "Ehm, o-of course." Palettekit tried saying boldly moving her attention from Cleokit to Streamkit. The others giggled at Palettekit and Cleokit. "Let's get

started!" Ordered Palettekit. Moonkit sat beside Cleokit and whispered, "So you like the boss?" Cleokit's heart stopped as she looked over at Moonkit "uhhh..." she didn't want to answer because how embarrassed she was. "O-of course not!" she walked off to go help the others and also trying to avoid Moonkit. "S-so what's the plan m'lady?"She said trying to be polite. "Ahhh... We are going to build some rooms that dangle from the branches, we can use the vines from the tree." Palettekit said not trying to react at Cleokit.

"Ok, I can help get the vines," Cleokit said calmly. "Lets get started!" Streamkit interrupted. "Right.." Palettekit muttered to herself. "Get to it!".

Cleokit ran to the tree and climbed up it sitting on the branch with the vines she looked down pulling up her mask putting it around her neck. She then grabbed onto the longest vine she could find and jumped down with her teeth gripped onto the vine. Palettekit watched to make sure the vine wouldn't snap then everyone heard a crackle, not from not the sky but the tree, the branch had snapped. it was already broken from the storm, but it had finally given out when Cleokit had jumped off it with the vine attached to it.