Chapter III: The village.

The sun has risen over the horizon leaving the land dimly lit. Palette had woken up because she was bumped by Cleo. "Cleo? Are you awake?" She gasped but noticed Cleo wasn't awake, she had just moved in her sleep. "Oh, I hope you wake up soon Cleo." she nuzzled Cleo softly.

Palette sat up and stretched her body. She then went out of the tree sitting where she could see the sun. She watched the sun come up a bit then went hunting. She caught five mice and two birds within three hours. The sun was up and lit the land where everyone slept waking them up.

Palette dropped the catches in the pile, "Good morning everyone!" Palette smiled. Stream was already awake, she had walked over to Palette. "Good morning Palette." The others were waking up and stretching. "Good morning Stream." Palette had said. "I see you went hunting miss." Stream smiled pleasantly. Palette looked her, "Yeah. Is anyone else up?" "Yes ma'am," Stream softly said. Ashes, Leaf-Shadow, Moon-shadow, Sun-shadow, and Snowkit had woken up. They were all walking towards the pile of food. They started to eat, as they all were each saying thanks one voice stood out. Snowkit's voice, it stood out because it was more squeaky. "No problem, Snowkit." Palette smiled.

Palette turned toward the tree with a leaf full of water and a mouse clenched her jaws. She went in and lied beside Cleo and sat the leaf and mouse down, after doing this she tilted Cleo's head up making her jaw fall open. She then lifted the leaf full of atter and dumped it into Cleo's mouth. She did this so that Cleo wouldn't die from dehydration, she had also given her some mashed berries that was mixed with the water. Palette licked Cleo on the forehead then walked outside with the mouse in her jaws.

She sat beside the others who weren't done eating because they were talking while eating. She started nibbling on the mouse. Ashes looked at Palette, "Hey Palette. How are you this morning, still worrying about Cleo?" Palette looked back at Ashes, "You could say that.." Palette finished her mouse. Ashes went over to Palette, "Follow me." Palette tilted her head, "Okay, but why?" she stood up.

Ashes gestured to a path they had made, Palette then followed. Ashes and Palette were right beside each other by now, "What is it?" Palette had asked. Ashes looked over at Palette still floating toward the direction needed, "Well... I was strolling the area last night and I found something..." Palette stopped because ashes had stopped by a bush. Ashes gestured toward a miniature village, "Look." Palette looked, "Oh, dear. Are they harmful or harmless?" Palette whispered as she didn't want the colonized village of cats and kittens to hear them. Ashes pointed at Blazetail who was talking to another cat, "He's even here." Palette looked over toward Blazetail then recognized the cat he was talking to, it was the cat she saw earlier.

"Stay here Ashes." Palette ran towards Blazetail, she hid behind a bush nearby. She was listening to them, Blazetail was giggling, "HeatherPaw, you're as funny as you were when we were kits. Remember Ashes? She's with this dumb clan sadly. Maybe we could get her to come and join us." HeatherPaw narrowed his eyes, "Yeah, I found a cat the other day. She was a light brown with a blue bandanna? She took Snowkit cause I was, "Being disrespectful." Blazetail frowned a bit as he chuckled nervously, "That's the leader of the clan who has Ashes.." Ashes was wondering what Palette was doing but waited patiently. "I'll get her tomorrow, for now, let's nap." They split up and went to their own dens.

Palette ran back to Ashes a bit unsure about what she had just heard, "Let's go!" Ashes didn't question it they both ran back to the others together. "Where were you two?" Sun-shadow asked patiently. "No time, tomorrow, or as-long-as-needed, we are all staying up inside the tree." Palette said quickly rushing to the tree with the leftover scraps from the food pile. The others quickly followed behind her a bit concerned. Palette told them to stay as she ran out to catch more prey. She caught six mice and then ran back dropping them in the tree. She then bordered the door with a rock by pushing it. Further on she climbed up the tree into a hole and met them that way. Cleo was still on the top floor, Palette went to the bottom.