Chapter II: An aid to give.

Palettekit woke up and looked at Cleokit licking her forehead. When will you wake up Cleo? Palettekit thought to herself then walked outside and looked into the bright sunlight to see the other kits asleep Sunkit and Moonkit beside each other asleep. She then looked over and saw the others on their backs but Ashkit aka the only kit awake besides Palettekit.

"Good morning boss." Ashkit said mumbling slightly. "You too." Palettekit had said proudly but with a yawn. Streamkit woke up and bumped her head into a tree branch because she had climbed a tree other than the one Blazekit climbed and slept in.

" Agh!" Streamkit yelped as she fell out of the tree. "What the?" Palettekit questioned as she heard the sound of branches breaking. Streamkit limped toward the others. "What happened to you?" Ashkit questioned. "I fe-" she dropped the sentence as she fell to the ground licking her paw that had a thorn in it.

"You ok?" Palettekit questioned. "I-I'm fine.." she then started licking her paw again. A cat was wandering around then saw a group of cats surrounding another cat. The she-cat came closer to the group and stood beside Palettekit, "Who are you?" Palettekit asked the she-cat "Leafkit's the name aidings the game, what's wrong with the kit?" Leafkit said sternly. "Dunno she has been licking her paw a lot though." Palettekit had said calmly with slight worry in her voice.

"Ah, just a splinter. Easy fix." Leafkit said calmly she then walked up to Streamkit as she was still licking her paw. "Hey." Leafkit said calmly, "W-Who are you?" Leafkit then laid on top of Streamkit holding the paw with the splinter. "Don't budge. " said Leafkit soothingly. "Don't touch the s-splinter" She yelped then passed out as Leafkit put her tail on her mouth making her pass out. After doing so Leafkit pulled out the splinter then put a leaf to heal it on the bottom of the splinter. She then stepped on Streamkit's stomach to wake her up.

Streamkit jolted up to see her paw wrapped up in a leaf. "Did you do this?" Streamkit had asked a bit shocked, "Yes, yes indeed I did do so, I can't leave such a cute cat in pain.~" Leafkit said flirtatiously. Streamkit paused as she realized the cat she never met before was flirting with her. "I-I know you were just flir-" then Leafkit cut her off "I was joking sweet pea."

"Oh," Streamkit commented. Leafkit then started to giggle a bit. "You think I would like someone that fast? Well, you're wrong." She smirked. "Ah, o-ok.." Streamkit said with disappointment.

Leafkit then looked at Palettekit, "So you're the leader?" "Yes, indeed." Palettekit responded. "May I be to assist you on all your journeys?" Leafkit questioned, "Of course, we need a kit to help us aid the wounded." Palettekit replied. Streamkit had an expression on her face saying 'seriously?'.

Leafkit sat down beside Palettekit "So, how may I be of assistance?" she politely asked. "Just keep watch for when we need the assistance," Palettekit responded. "Alright," Leafkit said calmly while staring blankly at Streamkit. She got up and walked away toward the den,

"I'm going to take a nap.." She yawned. Palette kit looked at her, "Alright" she mewed after her. "Hmf." Streamkit was not ready for a new kit to just came unprofessionally not considering how she helped Streamkit.

Palettekit looked at everyone, "I think it's time we stop having kit names, we have grown and are no longer kits." Palettekit sighed. "We will now go by our origin names." Palette walked towards the den, "I'll be back." she said, her voice trailed off walking towards the den.

Palette sat beside Cleo and cuddled her to give warmth; "The coldness of Winter is coming fast.." Palette mumbled to herself. Palette pulled a piece of fresh moss that was warm, over Cleo. She then trotted down outside.

Palette flinched as she heard a yip of a kit. She ran towards the sound, she saw a bronze cat bothering a white kit. She hid in a bush, "We had a deal!" the bronze cat hissed. "I-I told y-you, I couldn't do I-It!" the white kit whimpered. "Then you'll pay for not doing as told." his claws dug into the ground then he raised his paw and clawed her side of her face. The helpless kit fell to her side curled in a ball holding the wound.

As the kit wept Palette had a surge of rage go through her, so she jumped out of the bush and pinned the bronze cat down. "How dare you hurt an innocent kit!" Palette screeched. "Who do you think you are!" she hissed, "Your worst nightmare." She clawed her face leaving a cut mark over his eye that was bleeding. "You have some nerve coming over here interferencing our conversation you helpless kit, I'll do you the same I did little Snowkit here." He hissed.

She grabbed Snowkit who was still in a ball at the time, picked her up like a mother then fled. "I will find you!" He hissed behind them. Instead of turning back to look, she just kept going forward. Palette got back to the others she then put the kit down.

"Who's with you Palette?" Stream asked, "Found her all alone, thought she would like it here." Palette fibbed to not make it awkward for the kit. Palette walked into the tree trunk entrance, she looked over her shoulder at the kit. "

Are you coming or staying?" Palette asked Snowkit. The kit ran after her not trying to encounter the other cats, either way, Palette was the only familiar cat she knew.

Palette nudged Leaf-Shadow. "Hey, I need your assistance," Palette said as the kit looked from her to Leaf-Shadow still holding her eye from time to time. Leaf-shadow groaned as she got up, she then stretched. "Yes, miss?" she looked at Palette not noticing the kit.

"I need you to help aid Snowkit." Palette pushed Snowkit in front of her. "Holy mother of clans. What happened, if I may ask?" Leaf-Shadow worried. "It's a long story," Palette replied quickly. Snowkit just nodded to try to keep attention off her although she was the one injured. "Alright, I'll need to go grab some leaves." Leaf-shadow's voice trailed off.

Snowkit looked up at Palette then back to see that Leaf-shadow was already back. Leaf-shadow licked the leaf thoroughly, "Hold still." she said as she picked the leaf up with her mouth. She put it on her cheek where the kit had been clawed. She then licked the leaf so it wouldn't fall off.

"Now, be careful that leaf isn't strong enough to stick on its own," Leaf-shadow said softly. "T-Thanks..." the kit had said softly after she said so. "No problemo kiddo." Leaf-shadow smirked.

"So, since you're ok for now, " Palette looked at Snowkit then back at Leaf-shadow, "We may go and eat." Snowkit smiled at the word 'eat'. They all walked to the other cats, Palette pulled out a big leaf she found she held mice in it. "Enjoy." Palette dropped the leaf down making it open as the dead mice were droopy.

They each grabbed a mouse and ate it, "Delicious, did you catch them on your own?" Streamkit questioned. "Yeah, it was a quick meal I guess." Palette ate her mouse. "Let's get to sleep." Palette kit said. It was already getting dark so they each lied down. and went to sleep, all except for Palette. She instead went to the tree and slept with Cleo.

Cleo was still alive, she breathed normal, had a normal pulse. She just couldn't wake up. Palette and Cleo were both cuddling.