Chapter Four

I wake up far too comfortable and it takes me a long time to remember where I am and what happened.
     I ran from home and that stupid rich alpha that thinks he can buy me. Psh. I met that weird creeper alpha named Marcus who drove me to the clinic and even...
    Where am I?
    Looking around, it's dark. Really dark. I'm on a bed, at least. What happened...
     A throat clears and suddenly I squint at the bright light as the room is illuminated. Marcus stands eloquently by the door, looking unnervingly handsome and honestly bored.
"W-where am I?"
"I brought you home since you had no where to go. I have a few spare rooms so it's nothing to let you stay here." He shrugs.
My mouth drops slightly at the brightly lit room, just now observing my surroundings. This simple 'spare' room is easily two or three times the size of mine and Ian's back home. Completely furnished with rich purples and golds. The room is quite fit for a king.
"Um...I don't want to intrude—"
"Nonsense. I told you, no one ever uses this room anyway. It's yours if you want it."
I sit up straight, letting the warm sheets fall from my chest. My bare chest. I frown at this. Where's my shirt?
His eyes follow my gaze and he smiles. "I had one of my maids have your clothes cleaned. I thought you might be more comfortable in pajamas."
"Did you change me?!"
"No." But he doesn't elaborate. I narrow my eyes suspiciously but he seems to be telling the truth. Sighing, I sit back.
"I can't just live here for free."
His head tilts in contemplation. "Alright. You can work for me if you like but I really don't need you anywhere. I highly doubt your qualified for most of the jobs I have to offer anyway."
I scoff on offense. "I'm a fast learner."
"You haven't even finished high school, correct?"
"Not by my choice."
He sighs. "How about we start there. Would you like to go back to school?"
I fidget nervously, imagining all the hate and bullying I'd get from going back. "I do but I don't want to go back to the one I left."
He gives me a nod of understanding. "Alright. How about a tutor? You can finish your schooling from here."
I stare at him, dumbfounded. "Why are you doing all this for me? You have no obligations to me. You don't even know me. We literally just met."
"What kind of decent alpha would allow a pitiful omega such as yourself to wander on their own if they had the means to help? It's the right thing to do."
I feel there's more to it than that. Something in his eyes when he looks at me...it's weird and I can't seem to figure it out but I know it's more than just being a decent Samaritan.
"Really?"
"And before you say you don't need help. You do and you know it." He raises a brow in challenge.
I remain silent. He's right. It would have been nearly impossible to do anything on my own without cash. At least until I save up some money. Which I can't do without finishing high school.
"I'll do anything you want me to. I can work hard and I'll study harder, graduating early." I say confidently.
He nods, a small smile playing on his lips. "I don't doubt it. You've got a strong will about you. I'm curious to see where that will gets you in the future."
I find myself smiling. "Far away from here."
"So eager to be out of my presence?" He teases.
"I meant this city not just your home." I clarify, blushing for some stupid reason.
He laughs. "Sure you do. Anyway, since you're finally awake, I've had dinner prepared for you. Why don't you come down to eat?"
"How long was I asleep?"
"About ten hours. We came here around late morning and it's nearly midnight."
My stomach let's out a loud gargle and I groan. "Okay."
"I'll be downstairs."
When he's gone, I slip out of bed and stretch, feeling refreshed at least. I've been under so much stress lately I needed the sleep. My ankle feels
much better as well.
After using the bathroom and washing my hands and face, I slowly walk down the stairs to where loud voices are heard chatting. Peaking into the dinning room, I see Marcus and some other man sitting at the table.
Our eyes meet.
"Colton, come meet my brother, Wesley. Wes, this is Colton."
Wes's eyes light up for some reason and I feel his gaze slowly trail over me from head to toe. It makes me uncomfortable so I quickly take a seat.
"You're certainly a cute little omega." He chuckles.
I redden, annoyed and shy. I glance at Marcus who just smirks at me. Asshole. I'm irked.
"Not cute." I mumble, moving the food around on my plate, my stomach in too many knots to eat.
"Hm, not cute? Then...adorable? Sexy? Pure looking?"
I scowl at my plate. Ugh. How does that even make any sense?
"Enough. Leave him be, Wes. He isn't yours to play with."
"Pity." He pouts.
It's ridiculously funny to see such a large masculinely handsome alpha pouting like a little kid. I snort at the act.
They both smile at me.
"Well, welcome, Colton. Are you the new addition to the—"
He's cut off by Marcus smacking him upside the head, shaking his head fiercely.
Wes looks at him before glancing back at me. "I mean...welcome."
I frown. What the hell is that about? New addition to what? I stare at Marcus but he avoids my gaze the whole rest of dinner before excusing himself for work.
I don't wait around—instead I walk back to my room and lay down. My mind wonders back to Ian and if he's okay. I need to know. Maybe...maybe I could have Marcus let me drive by and see or maybe call...
      No, they'd never tell me or demand I come home and do their stupid bidding. No way. I'm finally free from their oppression and I'm never going back to them. They've more than proven they aren't my family anymore. Selfish, arrogant, assholes. Traders.
      I hate leaving Ian, though. It really worries me. Unable to relax, I get up and decide to explore the house a bit. I figure since Marcus is letting me stay here I might as well get aquatinted with the place.
     It's huge and mostly empty. Staff rushing around here and there but besides the maids, cleaners, Marcus, Wes, and I...it seems deserted.
     I pause at one of the rooms, hearing Marcus's voice behind the door. It sounds like he's arguing with someone but since there's no other voice I'm assuming he's on a phone call.
      I curiously press my ear to the door, shamelessly listening. I hear the word 'omega' and 'cash' thrown around a lot and get nervous.
     Is he talking about me? Does he want to sell me for cash, too? Is this why he took me in? Shit. I can't let that happen. Was he lying about not being a trafficker?!
     I'll never be owned—omega or not.
     I'll just have to bluntly ask him outright. I deserve to know his true intentions. Is he really a nice guy or just pretending to get my guard down?