[13] Chapter Thirteen

Concerns and Hotpot

Chapter Thirteen

"Hua Ze Lei, worried of me? No. That's impossible."

"Call me if you need anything okay?" Leina says once the doctor gave Mei Zhen the go sign of her release at the clinic.

Both girls were currently outside, about to part, to do their respective duties for the remaining hours of the day.

"I will. Thanks again for checking up on me."

"That's what friends do," Leina reminds. "I've gotta go, I have work in an hour. See you!" She waves, before jogging towards a different direction.

Later that day, Mei Zhen resumed her remaining classes, not wanting to be behind on the lessons. And after the last ring of the bell -- dismissal -- she went to her locker to put away her unnecessary school stuff. Closing her locker with a soft click, she's off her way to her part-time work at Heaven's Café.

The bell chimes at Mei Zhen's arrival. She smiles cheerfully at the sight of Li Fei and the other two employees that are about to sign out of their shift.

"Good afternoon Ling and Han," she greeted the two. "Hello Miss Li Fei," she smiled at the middle aged woman.

"Well, we're off now." Han announces.

"See you tomorrow Miss Li Fei, Mei Zhen." Ling bows her head politely before the both of them leave the shop.

"I'll watch over while you change in your uniform, okay?" Li Fei says with a motherly smile.

"Okay, thank you. I'll come back in a minute," says the boyish girl and jogs at the back.

Mei Zhen started her usual work at the café, making coffee and serving customers all afternoon until night came.

At exactly 8 o'clock in the evening, Heaven's Café has reached closing time. She helped Li Fei close up the shop and both were now at the front, locking the front door.

"Thank you for the hard work Mei Zhen. See you tomorrow, I suppose?" The middle aged lady says, clutching her car keys. As usual, Mei Zhen accompanied the woman towards her parked car.

"Of course," Mei Zhen smiles. "Good night and be careful Miss Li Fei."

She waved after the figure of Li Fei's car driving away before going back to the shop to pass by a different direction that leads to a path to her apartment which is close by.

But then, as she was passing by the shop, Mei Zhen saw a tall figure of a male, staring in front of the now closed Heaven's Café.

As she grew closer, she recognized a familiar face, standing tall with his hands in his long jacket's pockets.

A particular senior in the Music Department.

"H-hua Ze Lei?" Mei Zhen forced to utter his name that ended up into a stutter.

The said boy turned towards her with his innocent expression, his mop of messy brown curls bounces at his sudden movement.