8 Grade Essay 24: Can Others Influence Your Mood?

Can Others Influence Your Mood?

Other people can influence your mood if they are negative or if they are happy. "In an article called Is A Bad Mood Contagious?" by Gary W. Lewandowski, Jr; he says 'If someone is sick your reflexes know to steer of his/her germs..." I think that that is correct because if someone is mean then you are mean as well. Its called public schools and they are the death of me. For example, contagious attitudes are also like when someone somewhere yawns then you yawn and then it turns into a twenty minute yawning session. It is also like when there is a murder in your city and you are there, it happens and one person makes the whole crowd panic. Lewandowski says, "Another study shows that nonconscious mimicry happens more in empathetic people."

To begin, the chain of attitude or what I like to call your behavior is a good thing but it can also be one of the worst things in the world. Monte Morin says some stuff about Facebook and how it is a really bad thing in some cases. I made my own version of what he said and made it seem worse than it really is. I said It's like when you go onto Facebook and you see a negative post or whatever the old people/adults call it on Facebook. Then over time the more people see it the more negative posts are made. It goes around until someone says, "That is enough I am done with this negative stuff" so then they go and make a positive post. When people see that then they post positive things. I don't really know if this is how Facebook is I am just assuming because I don't have any social media.

Next, Monte Morin says, "When someone posts negative posts and someone posts positive posts, he says that the aftermath will be that the positive will be higher than negative. Humans are naturally inclined towards expressing their emotions rather than concealing them. With that being said, humans are going to tell people what they feel and what their emotions are rather than keeping them hidden from others. Keeping your feelings hidden from everyone can cause depression; when you have depression you don't tell anyone your feelings and so you are just hurting yourself because you don't want to tell anyone. In conclusion, you should tell others how you feel, and be positive. Attitudes can change because of how others act.