Chapter Nine

"Absolutely not," Hook says with his arms crossed over his chest.

I let out a huff over his inability to understand that I'm not a child anymore. He can't seem to get that through his head no matter how I try.

"It's a good plan, Captain," I try to argue. "You can't argue with that."

My father merely growls at me and casts his angered gaze towards Will. I instinctively move closer to him as if to shield him from Hook's ire. I can't do much else while sitting on a couch next to him.

I'm conscience of the slight movement towards him as I don't want to give either of them the wrong idea. I'm merely trying to protect my... well, I guess I can once again call him my friend.

Feels a little strange saying that as I swore to myself that if I ever saw him again after what he'd done to both myself and my father, that I'd kill him.

Yet here we are, sitting side by side on a couch in my apartment with my father and I'm trying to protect him from my father. Strange.

We've been sitting in my apartment for the last hour, trying to convince my father that it's a good plan but he thinks it's too risky as it puts me in a position of danger. Will wasn't too fond of the idea either and took some convincing but he eventually caved.

"How else do you propose we get close to Blackbeard so we can find out what he has in store for us?" I ask throwing my hands up in the air.

"We kidnap him or one of his loyal lackeys and... interrogate them," he suggests with a nasty grin growing on his face.

"You can't just kidnap Blackbeard, Hook," Will chimes in, some what annoyed that he suggested such a thing. "You can't torture him if that's what you are planning. I explained this to you. He's apart of Davy Jones's crew, making him immortal. The only way to kill him would be to kill Jones."

My father squirms slightly at the name as it is a name they share. A little disconcerting but nothing we can do about it realistically.

"Hook, it's a good plan," I try again. "It would be all too easy to infiltrate his business in town. He only ever saw me a few times and wouldn't remember what I look like. It's been a long time since he's seen me and I don't look the same as I used to."

As well as being older, the black faerie dust permanently changed parts of my which I have gotten used to now and have grown to really like. They give me this dark and mysterious air which I layer on top of my personality. Makes for a nice front to show the outside world.

I do my best to stay neutral and keep a calm tone every though I really don't want to do this but it's our best option here. I need to protect my family by whatever means necessary.

Hook doesn't budge. He stays staring at me with a hard expression and his jaw tightens in that stubborn line that frustrates me to no end. It always means I'm not going to get my way. That makes me sound like a brat but my father is a bit of a vulture parent. Always circling.

"You know I'm going to do this whether you agree with it or not," I fire at him with makes his face fall a little. I said that a little too harshly... Perhaps a different approach.

"Please, papa. Don't make me do this alone." I flutter my eyelids a few times. I hate myself for doing it but it has a guaranteed success rate. Never failed when I was a girl. I haven't resorted to or had the need to resort to such methods for many years.

Hook lets out a long breath and looks me in the eye with an expression that says a lot on his thoughts of the trick I just pulled. The only reason he hates it so much is because he can never say No to me.