8 - A Distraction

When Jeremy left lets just say things became less lustful and more awkward. I was sitting on the bed watching Squip pacing the floor, whilst fiddling with my dress. He ran his fingers through his hair and let out a very deep sigh.  

"Why'd you do that Y/N?" Squip asked me sounding very disappointed.

"Do what? What did i do?"

"Drink that?" I couldn't believe he was blaming me right now, didn't he want to do that?

"That's the point Y/N. I wanted to, but I'm not allowed...they don't allow it to happen."

"W-wait what? I don't understand." He sighed again and sat next to me.

"Y/N. You know that you bought me right, so that means I'm a product technically. And every product line has a manager of some sort, and ours checks on each of us to make sure we are doing our assigned job. And now that Jeremy's Squip knows about us almost... you know, I don't know what he's going to do. He may just let it slide or he could directly contact them and send a complaint about me and then-"

"Woah relax" I stroked a piece of hair out of his face and continued "You're over thinking everything. We can just... ask Jeremy and his Squip to pretend like he doesn't know your a Squip, and if 'they' find out we can tell them that your objective was to be with me" I smiled at his reassuring him that everything with be okay. He smiled a pitiful smile back at me and nodded. 

"Okay good lets go talk with Jeremy" I held his hand and pulled him up from the bed leading him through the house to find Jeremy. However as we where doing so we heard screams from downstairs. We looked at each other then both started to run down to see what was happening. 

I saw rich freaking out and shouting for mountain dew, and Jeremy running out of the house. Then out of nowhere Squip starts to pull me out of the house too. I asked him what was happening and without stopping he shouts how we have to get out of here fast. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning with a ton of notifications blowing up my phone. I opened up my phone and all i could see was posts and messages about Rich. I called up Jenna and asked her what had happened?

"Oh my God, Oh my God, ok so. At the very end of last nights party, did you see rich?"

"Yeah i saw rich?"

"So he's behaving hazy like a tweekin' junkie, Flailin' crazy like a freakin' monkey."

"He really shouldn't drink so much for a small guy"

"Right. but, he wasn't drunk." 

"What the Hell?"

"Yeah, he wasn't drunk! Cuz i heard from Dustin Croft that Rich had barely touched a drop. Which means you can't blame the things he did on alcohol. It's just so terrible I don't want to relive it all...but do you want me to tell you?"

"I'm scared but sure."

"Here's what happened at the party's end...Rich set a fire and he burned down the house.

"Oh, shit.  Rich set a fire and he burned down the house?"

"Yep, I thought I was dreaming, everybody was screaming when rich set a fire and he burned down the house."

When we hung up i asked for Squip to materialise, i then stared and him in shock of the news. 

"I-is this why we ran out of the house?" He nodded. "Why did he do this?"

"I think it was his Squip." 

"oh"

"Yeah, his Squip probably was putting to much pressure on him and wouldn't let Rich get rid of him. He was probably to controlling." I then kept looking on social media hoping I'd distract myself, but unfortunately go the opposite. Everyone was talking about Rich and his situation, and the worst thing was that most people where adding lies to the news. Some one was saying 'he fled to Bombay' others are saying he did it cause 'he knew he was gay' and some one even said 'he's totally dead'.