S I X | Tuesday

Mingrui's Perspective

A week had already passed and I've been pretty much improved with my English. However, I can only write letters individually...yet.

"It takes practice and patience. And that' okay, Mingrui." Lyre had said. She planned on teaching me how to read last week, however I still struggled to remember sound and pronunciations. So she just settled with book introductions.

During History, Ms. Helia distributed us into different groups. I was grouped with Jay, Quillian, Jane and Len. We discussed about the Greek Civilization amongst ourselves because we had a group report coming up.

As we discussed, my eyes wandered around for a while and I spotted Lyre with her group; Hermosa, Ace and Willow. I noticed she kept glancing on the other side of the room. Quick glances. I followed her gaze and realized she was glancing at Quintin, whom was grouped with Anne, Beverly, Roville, and Elliot.

But her glances weren't kind. They were filled with hatred, translating to 'that asshole.' I recalled what happened last week, her tone was stern and serious upon mentioning his name. Now I'm quite suspicious about the two. There seems to be some tension between them which I do not know about.

"Grade Eight, may I please have a piece of paper?" I was distracted from my dolly tracks of thoughts.

"Why miss?" Hermosa asked, handing her intermediate pad.

"I will make draw lots for the Greek god/goddess you will pick to portray." She replied.

The room was filled with 'oooohs' and screams of excitement.

"You will write a speech about the god you will portray." Ms. Helia said. "But,"

The class inhaled.

"You will as well dress and impersonate the god you pick." She finished.

The class looked at each other and nodded.

We had our draw lots.

"Don't open it yet!." Ms. Helia warned.

After the draws, we opened the paper and the room was filled with gasps of laughter.

"Come on Grade Eight, I will list them down." Ms. Helia flipped her notebook open. "Let's start."

"Which god did you pick?" Quillian whispered. I was about to reply.

"Wait Miss!" Anne protested.

"Yes?"

"What if we let them guess who our god is?" Anne explained.

"Ah yeah that's a nice idea.", "seems legit." the room was filled with murmured opinions.

Everyone agreed and that settled it.

..-..-..-..-..-..-..- 

Lyre's Perspective 

I kept giggling to myself at how adorable Mingrui looked when he tried to read. The sentence I wrote was "We are friends."  His eyes winded in disbelief knowing he was still struggling. He looked as if he was reading a language harder than Chinese.

"It takes practice and patience. And that's okay, Mingrui." I advised him.  I patted a couple of books beside me that I thought might help him.

Usually, I paid attention during History. But today was different, because I don't feel like having the guts to even cooperate. We were grouped into three: I was with Hermosa, Ace, and Willow. We were doing the usual chit-chat yada yada. I looked so fine I bet it wasn't obvious I was drained for crying out loud.

I glanced at Quintin -- the cause of this crap building up inside me. I just hate him so much. I want to kill him. 

"Grade Eight, may I please have a piece of paper?" Ms. Helia asked. I looked up from our discussion which I didn't really got. I could have drowned in the depths of my thoughts.

Or probably I was just sleepy. I went quite numb as we had our draw lots and given instructions about the portrayal. Things went by fast. 

I opened my draw lot and my eyes almost grew twice it's size.

Come on, I can't portray that god. I don't feel...fine right now.

Leaning on my table, my eyes fluttered shut.