~Growing Up (Burr and Theo bonding) {Modern AU}~

A/N: Requested by SamBam260. Just some sweet daddy/daughter bonding with Aaron and Theo Jr., with Philodosia on the side. :) Hope you like it, Sam!

  Theodosia was growing up. There was no way around it. Gone were her My Little Ponies, puffy pink ballet skirts, and trips to the mall so she could ride the carousel. Those days felt like a lifetime ago. Instead, her wardrobe was all sweatshirts, skinny jeans, and high-top sneakers. She would rather watch Mean Girls or a Marvel movie instead of My Little Pony, and these days, Aaron would drop her off at the mall so she could meet up with her friends at Sephora or Hot Topic. He was endlessly proud of his daughter, but he couldn't help but wonder where the years went.

  "So, how was the mall?" asked Aaron after he had picked her up from one said mall trip.

  Theo was silent for a moment before mumbling, "It was fine."

  "That's all you have to say?" Aaron asked, glancing at her out of the corner of his eye. He was met with silence.

  "Theo... everything okay?"

  "Everything's fine, Dad," Theo said curtly. The sudden flip of her temper was so unexpected, it felt unreal to Aaron. But he knew he didn't like it. 

  "I don't know where this new attitude is from," Aaron said sternly. "I was just asking you a simple question. Have you been hanging out with that Janis girl again?"

  "No, Dad," Theo hissed. "Can you just stop? My head hurts. I just wanna get home."

  Aaron's face drew into a frown that remained for the rest of the drive home. His daughter was a sweet girl, not some moody teenager. He didn't know what was going on, and he didn't like it.

  When the Burr's got back home, Theo immediately excused herself upstairs to her room.

  "You're not going to have dinner?" Aaron asked before he even took his shoes off.

  "I'm not hungry," Theo said quickly as she headed up the stairs.

  "Theo, what's-" he was met with the sound of her door shutting before he could even finish the sentence.

  He didn't see her again for the rest of the night.

  Theo seemed a little more like herself in the morning. She talked and playfully teased her dad as they ate breakfast, but when they got in the car to go to school, she went silent.

  "Theo? Everything okay?"

  "Yes, Dad. I'm fine," Theo replied, echoing their conversation the night before.

  Aaron's heart thumped rapidly. He was normally a collected and rational guy. But not when it came to his daughter.

  "What has gotten into you? You weren't like this before I dropped you off at the mall last night."

  "Would you just leave me alone?"

  "If you keep talking back to me, young lady, I won't hesitate to pull over."

  "But then I'll be late for school," Theo retorted. "What will I tell my teachers when I'm tardy and have no doctor's note? 'My father doesn't want me getting an education?'"

  Good Lord, she was getting too smart for him. 

  "That's it, if you don't tell me what's going on with you, you're grounded."

  Theo's jaw dropped. "What?!"

  "If going to the mall with your friends is the problem, you won't be going anymore."