3 | familiar face

chapter three ! — familiar face

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

RAIN BEAT REPEATEDLY against the windows of the house as another roar of thunder erupted from the sky. The sun had just went down, not giving anyone a second to glance at it before the dark grey clouds engulfed it whole. Nobody dared to stay out in this weather despite it being a Friday night. Mostly everyone was inside watching a movie and enjoying themselves. If anyone was out at this time of night they were either at the local bar or at a club.

Amaya smoothed down her hero costume and looked at herself up and down in her full body mirror. It was quite different from the costume she had wanted when she first got accepted into the hero course at U.A. She really didn't need anything special done with her costume considering what her quirk was and also because she was a underground hero. It was mostly all about her mind, sneaking, and movement. She didn't need upgrades here and there. But she did want something that was light and flexible but not too showy or flashy. She just wanted simple but traditional.

It was a single piece costume that had her usual red, black, and white colors. She wore a sleeveless black, white, and red bodysuit that attaches at the neck and goes down into a mini-skirt with a small slit on the side. Underneath her costume was a bleached cloth (or also known as a sarashi) around her chest. Around her middle was a dark red traditional Japanese obi usually worn with kimono's. The obi hid and held her metal knifes with metal armor underneath to protect her from getting poked or stabbed. Red metal shoulder armors are on each shoulder and red lace up fingerless arm guards that go up just before her elbows, almost hiding her bandaged up arms. She also had knee-high black boots that laced up in that back, matching her arm guards.

She never agreed to such a short skirt but it seemed as though the company's designers felt differently. Then topping the whole look off was a metal black mask that covered her mouth down to her chin, preventing injuries and for cover when sneaking around at night. Her platinum blonde hair was left alone as it flew down her back. Her bangs on her forehead and at each side flew freely, framing her face. Amaya's attention snapped over towards the top of her dresser and her eyes shined for a second at the object. Her most prized possession.

The katana stood proud and high on its stand, delicately placed. Amaya smirked and grabbed the katana with both hands, slinging the strap of the katana over her body. The katana clutched onto her back with the leather saya crossing over her chest. She was ready for her nightly patrol. Walking out of her room, Amaya looked over at Noboru sitting on the floor in front of the zataku while trying to pick one of the two movies in his grasp.

Haru sat next to him looking over Noboru's shoulder at the movies, scanning them over with his brown eyes. The TV was turned onto a random channel while a commercial played. The sound only coming through softly since she had turned it down before getting ready. The young boy bit the inside of his cheek in thought as his blue eyes skimmed over each cover front and back. Amaya couldn't help but find it cute how indecisive he was being.

Amaya made herself known, her heels clicking against the wooden floor as she passed through the living room. "I'll be back, alright? Don't open the door for anyone and stay inside. Make sure to listen to your brother" Noboru and Haru looked up from the two movies as Amaya started checking each window to make sure they were securely locked. A flash of lightening erupted in the sky which reflected off of Amaya's soft innocent features. But her features weren't at all innocent if anyone knew of her back story and her horrible childhood. What she had previously went through to get to where she was now.