A Strange New Place

He was lost. Not just 'he took the wrong turn' lost, he was almost sure that he wasn't in the same universe. See, Izuku had followed a dark blue rabbit, because he'd never seen one of that colour before, let alone one that appeared to be wearing glasses, as this one did. As it disappeared down into (what he thought was) a burrow, he got on his hands a knees to look down into the hole, slipped, and fell.

Clumsiness was always his greatest vice, his mother had always said, but he had plenty of time to lament on that, as he hadn't landed with a thud as soon as he had expected, but instead he fell slowly alongside chairs, teacups, grandfather clocks, and other such eccentricities.

As soon as he had landed, about a minute later, he was surprised to find three rather large doors, and one normal sized door. He was sat on a tall, wide, wooden platform, which was too high up to jump off of to get to the normal sized door. But when he had a proper look around and orientated himself, he discovered something rather peculiar.

The doors weren't big,

He was small.

Which wasn't unusual, he'd always been teased for his height, but at that moment, he was about the size of a pint of milk. He scanned the perimeter, confused and hopeless, until he spotted something across the wooden surface (which he assumed was a table). Izuku looked at it carefully. It said 'Eat Me' in curled handwriting on a red heart label. And of course, with no better plan, he did.

The affect was instantaneous, he was growing! When he had gotten a good bird's eye view of the table, a glimmer caught his eye; a small key. Now all he had needed to do was unlock the door, step through, and find a way out- oh, oh no. The door was the size of his shin, and there was no way this key fit any of the other doors. Okay, this isn't good.

He had searched high and low, but there was no more cake. Starting to panic, he slumped to the floor, and put his head in his hands. He was going to die here, he was sure of it! Well, he was sure, until a vile of liquid rolled towards him from under the table; 'Drink Me'? Well, nothing left to lose, he had supposed. And like magic, he shrunk. Running for the door and jamming the key into the lock, he didn't look back, unsure when, or if, the solution would wear out.

And here he is, lost, tired, either too big or too small (he can't remember), and without cellphone service.

"I'm not punctual, this is unacceptable!" He heard the rabbit say, but he wasn't a rabbit anymore, but a boy, about his age, with the same dark blue rabbit ears, and glasses.

"Excuse me, Mr Rabbit! Excuse me!" Izuku called after him, this definitely not being the weirdest thing he's experienced today, "Can you help me?"

"I'm late, the king will not tolerate this!" He continues to murmur, and sped off into the distance, engines roaring behind him.

He sat on a chair-sized mushroom, with his head in his hands. There were swaying wild flowers and fluttering butterflies scattered around the entrance of the wooded area he found himself in.

"Heh. A Toad-Stool." A voice said, echoing in his ear. But when he suddenly whipped his head around to see who was standing behind him, there was nobody there. The disembodied voice chuckled, "Seems like you're in a bit of trouble, and you're not from around here, are you? I'm Hitoshi." A grin appeared in front of him, and then a head, and then a body, languidly resting in the air, "But if you want to do the whole formal 'true to the storyline' thing, call me Cheshire. Just so the audience doesn't get confused." As Izuku looked at the body that had newly materialised in front of him, it was mostly normal. Except the cat tail that was swinging lazily behind him, and the cat ears.

"Storyline?"

"Eh, don't worry your pretty little head about it." The cat-person-thing vanished from in front of him, but he felt a pat on the head from behind "Pretty, soft, little head! Seriously, what conditioner do you use?"

"Could you please just tell me where I am?"

"Why, U.A, of course! Y'know what? I have a friend you'd who's looking for a boyfriend, you two would be so cute together! Tall boy, heterochromia-"

"Thanks for the little help you've given me, but I'll be on my way, I think." Izuku turned, and walked into the entrance of the dark woodland.

"You're going to be eaten alive..." Murmured Hitoshi, before he faded away, grin lingering longer than necessary.