Like a Red and White Rose

Some convoluted and riddle-like instructions later, Izuku found himself alone, again, wandering in unfamiliar territory. He does wonder how he gets himself in these situations, sometimes. He found the bush that was described to him that supposedly led into the palace grounds and scrambled under it, thorns scraping and scratching him all the way through. At this point, he wished that he could wake up from this concussion-fuelled dream.

When he stood up triumphantly and dusted himself off, he found himself ducking behind another bush as he heard the clanking of armoured footsteps. When he brushed against a red rose, he thought he cut himself, because he had a red smear on the back of his hand, but it wasn't blood. It was paint?

He took a good look at the guards that marched past, and he realised that they were playing cards (no, they weren't playing cards, they were playing cards), more specifically, heart cards, holding cans of red paint.

They were painting the white roses red?

"Stop, Stop! What are you doing?" A strong voice called out to the cards. It seemed unreasonably angry for such an insignificant thing. The cards looked around, only half done with the rose bush Izuku hid behind.

"Prince Shoto!" The cards kneeled, "we were ordered by the King-"

"Stop, now, or I'll have you beheaded for treason!" Izuku couldn't see the prince behind the bush, but he could only imagine how terrifying that threat was, by his tone. The cards confirmed his beliefs, as they marched away, tails between their legs. He could hear footsteps walk over to the half finished bush, red paint still dripping from the right side of the bush. He could see from a gap in the foliage, that there was a hand that reached out and touched a white rose, gently. Izuku tried to subtilely leave while the prince was distracted, but his shirt got snagged on a thorn, which caused the whole bush to rustle.

He heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed, "Come out before I run you through."

So, naturally, Izuku slowly stood up, hands above his head, and shuffled around the bush, sword following his movement. In the process, he finally got a good look at the boy, who was only an arms length away, and he would guess was around his age. He had a blue and a brown eye with a burn around his blue eye. And his hair, not unlike the half-pained rose bush was red and white. His golden and blue tunic had a red heart embroidered into it, and his crown glimmered in the mid-afternoon sun. His burgundy cape fluttered lightly, worn on his left side. Oh, and he was astonishingly beautiful. But, when he had a look at the sword that was threatening his chest, he fell to his knees before the handsome stranger.

"Who are you and what are you doing on my castle grounds?" His voice could cut through steel, and the look he was giving him felt piercing. Izuku was starting to get a bit hot under the collar, which is where the Prince's sword was now pointing.

"Well, uh, my name is Izuku Midoriya, and I, uh..." the weapon now grazed his neck, "I need to see the king!"

He scoffed, "What business do you have with that scumbag?"

"I'm lost, and I met a boy with purple cat ears; Hitoshi-"Before he could continue, the Prince lowered his sword and brought his empty hand to his face and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"'Toshi, I know you're listening, you bastard! I'll kill you! Stop trying to set me up with people, I'm fine!" He yelled to the air. He put his sword back in the holster and extended a hand out to help Izuku up, "I'm sorry about that, My name is Shoto. My friend, the purple-haired boy, often sends any male wanderers my way." Izuku smiled, pained, slightly, to know that the Prince had probably seen dozens like him and was most likely not interested.

"Shoto!" A voice shouted. It was much deeper and angrier, but it kind of sounded like Shoto's.

"Your father I assume?"

Shoto drew his sword and pointed it into his chest,  and hissed a quick "Play along," before dramatically declaring "You are now under arrest for trespassing royal grounds."

Izuku tried to muster up the most convincing 'helpless prisoner that poses no threat' look he could, but he'd never been much of an actor, so he his face towards the ground. He didn't want the king to think he was a live wire criminal and sentence him to death, "Please, your highness, I didn't mean to! Please spare my life!"

"Hm. I'll consider it." That made Izuku's heart throb, it seemed almost playful. But, the plan seemed to work, "excuse me father, I have to take care of this disgusting criminal." Shoto managed to bustle past his father, holding Izuku's arms behind his back, without any follow up from the king.