Chapter Three

"Dangerous?" Amu didn't know what Tadase mean by that, but the image of Shinku glaring at her kept her lost in thoughts during the lesson.

"So you are the girl Shinku was talking about!" Said a high-pitched voice beside her.

"WOAH!" Amu shouted in surprised. There was a girl outside the window, and she was floating.

Mr Yamasaki had turned around to write something on the board, but the sound of Amu's voice stopped him. Everybody turned around to look at her.

"Hinamori Amu, there is something you want to share with the class?" He said.

"N-no sir, I..." She glanced at the window and the girl was hiding down. She put her finger in her lips in a sign for her to remain her presence a secret.

"I think I saw a bee. I'm sorry for disrupting the class." She stood up.

"Right... Now sit down and please, refrain yourself of raising your voice." He didn't seem convinced.

"Phew! That was close!" The girl said.

Not only she was floating on the third floor, but her outfit was also very extravagant. Consisting of puffy orange pants and a long-sleeved yellow coat, with the sleeves puffed at the shoulders and laced in white at the ends. The coat is tied in the front at the neck and the waist with brown ribbons. She was wearing classy black shoes and was carrying a parasol. Her hair was green, like her eyes, and tied into two ringleted ponytails. Her bangs were held to the side by a heart-shaped yellow hairpiece bearing a red rose.

"Who are you?" Amu asked.

"My name is Kanaria Rozen. And you?"

Rozen? Like the president? Relatives, perhaps? But they are nothing alike. – She thought.

"Hinamori Amu."

"Welcome to the Rosen Academy, Amu! It's nice to meet you, there aren't many of us with Shugo Charas here."

So, she also has one.

"Are you in your chara nari form? Why? Shouldn't you be in the class?"

"Pizzicato and I are spying our enemies! We must be careful if we want to win the game. Besides, I'm am the smartest one! These classes are quite easy to catch up."

"Enemies? Who?"

"Shhh! I have to go! You didn't saw me!"

She was almost gone but in a second, she came back.

"I would stay away from Shinku if I was you."

"What?"

She flew away without saying one more word, with her little yellow parasol. Like a puffy flower being blown by the wind.

"Okay," Mr Yamasaki said. "On that note, everybody, it's time for the second period. Miss Hinamori, could I see you a minute?"

She approached Mr Yamasaki desk, her heart in her throat.

"He is going to lecture us," Miki said.

"Shhh!" Suu and Dia swooshed her.

Good! I'm much more relaxed now. Thank you, Miki. - Amu thought. – I am so busted.

"Well, I don't know if you're aware of this, but Shinku Rozen was the class vice president until a few months ago, and now we've been collecting nominations for a new VP. Well, you've been nominated."

She felt eyes must have bugged out of her head. "She nominated me?"

"Yes, I know, it's unusual, isn't it?"

Amu couldn't believe it. She was already famous in school, not just for the 'cool and spicy' attitude, but because apparently, the popular president took notice of her. "But I've only been going here one day!"

"Well, you've made quite an impression"

Amu was flattered, but she followed her initial instinct, which was to say, "Thanks, but no thanks," and run.

She didn't want this again; she didn't want to get involved. She was very popular in her last school, but much because of her fake performance of herself and her circle of friends, the only ones who knew her best and accepted her true personality. Now it was happening again, and she even didn't know if Shinku's actions were sincere or not, she seemed a very dangerous person. Keiko was waiting for Amu outside de classroom hoping to know what her new friend and everyone's favourite teacher were talking about.

"Wow," she said, instead, "what does the vice president of the council have to do?"

Amu shrugged. "Help the president to organize the school's events, determine how to spend the class budget, and paperwork, mostly."

"And you can spend it any way you want?" Her mind was spinning. "Like, if you wanted to have a school trip down at the beach, we could do that?"

Amu looked down at her curiously. "Sure. I'd have to get the approval of the rest of the council, though."

"Amu-chan," she said. "Have you ever considered running for class VP?"

She laughed. "Oh, right. I'm the new kid, remember?"

"Yeah," Keiko said. "But there's something about you. I bet the president saw it too."

"I was kind of thinking that stay out of this might be better. You know."

"No! Why? Amu-chan, you've got to run for VP. You are so talented and could even be close to the most popular students of all school. Ah! Promise me that if you ever be friends with them you will introduce me too, right?"

"Hahaha. Right!" She couldn't deny those cute puppy eyes of her new friend.