v. TELL ME WHY

SECRET
chapter five

( kenzie's pov )

"Where have you been?" i asked toddy. For the last week he's been ignoring my calls, most of my text, and whenever David invited us over, he declined the offer.

"Busy with Corinna" he replied, trying to shrug me off. I followed him to the kitchen of his and Jason's house.

"Too busy you can't even reply to my text?" I scoffed. He looked back at me, a look of guilt washed over his face.

"I'm sorry, everything is just to complicated right now" he sighed, sitting down at the island and taking his face into his hands. I walked over to his side, taking a seat by him and placing my hand on his back, soothing him.

"You can tell me Todd, i'm supposed to be your friend and friends take care of eachother" I said. He groaned as if he was angry, he jerked up from his stool, which surprised me. "Todd?"

"God, why can't you just leave me alone. You're not my girlfriend, Corinna is. I love Corinna and Corinna only" he yelled at me. I was shocked at the way he lashed out, over the years we had been friends he has never once did this.

"I know I'm not your girlfriend. I never said I was." I calmly stated, trying to ease him. It was obvious he was more mad at himself right now than me. Instead of replying to me her left the kitchen and I could hear him walk up the stairs.

A sigh left my mouth, deciding it would be best if I left, I gathered my things from the couch and left. All I wanted to know was why?