198 'Captured' The Culprit

Hui Yin and Lu Shen went to visit Hui Jinhai the next day.

Lu Shen's expressionless mask cracked a little when he saw Hui Yin take out a pair of handcuffs with a determined expression, but he didn't say anything. They passed by the laboratory and into the surgical room where Hui Jinhai was being held captive.

Hui Jinhai's complexion was wan. He looked thinner than before, and there were cracks on his lips. But when he saw Lu Shen enter, his eyes turned red as his body writhed on the metal bed.

"Lu Shen, you bastard! You'll pay for this, you'll definitely pay for this! Don't think that you can get away from everything you've done! Even if it's the last thing I'll do—"

He didn't manage to finish his sentence as the man wearing a laboratory gown stepped forward and gagged him. The cloth that was used looked dirty, and it even smelled a bit like urine.

One had to know that in the span of time Hui Jinhai had been held captive, Lu Shen didn't attend to his biological needs. The cloth that had been used to wipe off his urine from the metal table was the very same cloth that was stuffed into his mouth. [1]

Hui Yin's heart clenched. She didn't think that her brother could have such a malicious expression. But no matter what, this was still her big brother.

When she was five years old, he was the one who bandaged her knee when she fell down from her bike.

Her brother, who used to drag her to photo sticker booths just so that he could do wacky postures.

When she didn't have any female friends during high school, he was the one who wore his unicorn pajamas and made her laugh with his antics.

Who remembered and celebrated her birthdays when their parents passed away? Only him.

Hui Jinhai was also the one who squeezed her hand during a career meeting at school, while students whispered and gossiped why it was her big brother that came instead of her parents.

Hui Yin thought of the times that Hui Jinhai protected and doted on her. He might have a hand on her death in this life, but she wouldn't be safe and well if he hadn't protected her when she was younger in the first place.

"Sit." Lu Shen pushed her shoulders down and made her sit on a chair.

His small action drew Hui Jinhai's interest. There was still a woman that this bastard showed such a tender affection to? He studied the girl sitting not far away from him, with her plain features and petite body. She didn't look much. If he passed her by on the street, Hui Jinhai wouldn't have much of an impression. It was just one of those forgettable faces.

Hui Jinhai didn't recognize Hui Yin from their last meeting because Hui Yin was wearing a mask at that time.

"Get his gag out." Hui Yin's voice was soft. "I want to talk to him."

Lu Shen gave a brief gesture and the man wearing a laboratory gown yanked out the dirty cloth from Hui Jinhai's mouth. Hui Jinhai spat out a few times to get rid of the bad taste.

As soon as he could talk, he taunted, "Lu Shen, looks like your taste in women became bad. You actually replaced my sister with such an ugly slut? And she doesn't look a day over twenty either. Is she that good in bed?"

"Shut your mouth." Lu Shen put his hand over Hui Yin's ears. "Or do you want to receive another gift?"

Hui Jinhai flinched. He still hadn't gotten over the horror of seeing the corpse of his father-in-law. What kind of monster would do that to another human being? He twisted his mouth into a sneer to mask his fear.

"You think I'm afraid of you? I've been playing you like a little rabbit ever since you dared to hurt those who were important to me. How does it feel, little rabbit? Having to receive those gift cards from me throughout the years?"

Hui Yin gently pulled away Lu Shen's hands and glared at her brother. Did he have a death wish? She was doing her best to behave well so that his majesty won't be irritated and kill him, but Hui Jinhai wasn't making it easy for her!

The culprit responsible for his car accident was Lu Shen's worst enemy. Reminding this tyrant of his identity was just seeking death!

"Haha, Lu Shen, why don't you go outside for a bit? I'll talk to him for a while."

Hui Yin placatingly patted his arm and smiled. She was doing her best to project a soothing atmosphere and singing nonsense words in her mind.

Lalala, everything is at peace~ Lalala, leave my brother in one piece~

"No."

Hui Yin's smile dropped. She should have known it wouldn't be easy to convince him. Oh well.

She took out her handcuffs and under the guarded eyes of three men, Hui Yin swiftly clicked it around Hui Jinhai's wrist while the other was clasped around the railing of the metal bed.

Hui Jinhai: "..."

The man wearing a laboratory gown: "..."

Lu Shen: "..."

Great aunt, don't you see that he's already being strapped in? Do you think he can still escape?

Hui Yin was feeling a sense of accomplishment. This should mean that she 'captured' the culprit, right? Then, all she have to do was to find Yue Lao and get her reward!

Lu Shen had only given her one day. After that, she didn't know what he would do to Hui Jinhai. She should hurry up and find Yue Lao.

But, before that...

Hui Yin glanced at her brother. She couldn't help but ask the question that had been nagging at her ever since she knew that Hui Jinhai was the culprit. She wanted to know the truth.

"Do you really feel nothing for your sister?" she asked.

__

A/N:

[1] Gah! I gross myself out, seriously. Where are these gruesome ideas coming from?! ┐('~';)┌