Mama Day Pt. 1

A/N: Fandoms- This chapter's gonna be really long, so it'll be broken into two parts. Enjoy!
___________________________
Over the past few weeks, a group of salesmen would approach the boys' doorstep and suggest a certain medication that would supposedly boost their...libido growth.

As vulgar as it seems, it was a real thing happening almost everyday for a year.

"Hello, sir! How is your day?"

"What do you want?" An irritated Atem practically growled at the young salesman. He didn't have time to listen to the same lying speech that he had heard so many times that he had memorized and was able to repeat from heart.

"Might I interest you in a life-changing product that could possibly benefit and boost you and your lover's sex life?"

"I bet you'd know all about my sex life, wouldn't you?" Atem half spat at the the young man.

"Uh..no, sir."

"Considering that you've been on the doorstep more times than Charles Manson's number of victims."

"Sir, may I interest you in my product?"

"No. It's Mothers' Day."

"Exactly! Which is why today, I am offering you this product...with a sale!"

"I'm not buying your product--Yami! Call the cops!"

"Sir, please, hear me out--"

"You got ten seconds before the police hear the news. Pretty sure this neighborhood prohibits soliciting."

The man paled incredibly and scrambled off of the steps, dropping their product all over the sidewalk. They scurried to pick it up.

Atem rolled his eyes. Maybe if you weren't soliciting you wouldn't have dropped your crap all over the place. He shut the door and sauntered into the kitchen.

Every year felt like a competition for Atem. He tried to make each Mothers' Day better than the last by making even better dishes than the previous year's. This year, he had prepared a meal that he knew would trump all the others: a baked salmon with two sides of grilled asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Desert will be even better for Atem had prepared a sour cream cheesecake topped with strawberries. He had this year in the bag for sure.

Just as he was taking the cheesecake out of the freezer to thaw out, he heard footsteps thumping down the stairs. Yami sashayed into the kitchen, wearing a fresh flannel button up and jeans. Very casual. Very stylish.

"Any phone calls?"

"Why would they call when they're coming in like....twenty minutes?"

"I dunno. Just seems like something they'd do." Yami plopped into one of the chairs around the kitchen table and reached for one of the strawberries on the cheesecake, only to hiss as his hand was smacked away.

"No," Atem scolded, "not yet."

"I'm hungry now, Até. Can't I just nibble on one?"

"Make yourself a sandwich."

"Isn't that your job?"

"Watch it, Nakagomi."

With a sly smirk, Yami waited until Atem's back was turned before swiping one of the strawberries. He popped the fruit into his mouth and chewed victoriously.

Atem turned back to the table holding a few glistening plates and immediately spotted the missing berry. His gaze snapped to Yami's as he ditched the plates and went to wrap his fingers around his fiancé's throat.