Life went on

Years passed, and both Cathania and her dear little sister Amelia grew up in their house, rarely getting out of the neighbourhood. Isolated, all alone in their house with their parents. It didn't really bother them, since they didn't know about the outside world. But they we're often curious about those city lights at night.

Cathania always had Amelia under her wing, as promessed. Never Amelia was missing something, since Cathania always gave her all she needed. A tissue? Always has a bag of them. A blanket? Always gives her her's. A peice of candy? Cathy always knew how to manage to give her one.

On Amelia's 5th birthday, Cathania decided to do something special. For better words, something risky... As her parents left the house for a couple seconds, the rebel little girl snuck out of the house as they we're not in view. "Amelia is in her room, she won't notice." She thought. She was most certain that her plan was perfect. The girl tip toed all the way to her neighbour's garden with a pair of scisors in hands. "Amelia LOVES lilas and tulips, she'll be happy to have some in her room!" Cat thought. She started cutting a bouquet of flowers full of pink, violet and green, not noticing someone was observing her in the distance.

As the the young girl finished picking her flowers, she couldn't help but to look around amazed. Staying in her house for the great majority of her life wasn't the most interesting thing to do. Seeing the sun, the clouds, the sound of kids laughing in the distance and the colourful trees everywhere made her wonder why someone could of done something so horrible to her in such a beautiful world.

As she was about to leave, she finaly noticed a boy looking at her from the other side of the road. Strangely, she felt like she recognised him, but had no clue why. "maybe it's another friend of mine..." Cathania tought to herself. Many kids would look at her with either jealousy, anger or sadness, but her mother told her to not worry about them, since they miss not seeing her at school. Cathania then didn't bother and ran back home.

She looked at the boy, and for the strangest reason, she felt like she recognised him. The boy started running away.

-Hey, wait! Cat shouted.

The boy stopped and looked at her sadly. "Im so so sorry..." He mouthed, then ran away again. Cathania was rather confused by this comment, but decided to go back inside, fearing her parents would notice her absence.

Amelia's birthday party was a bore, as usual. No friends we're invited, no visits, no suprises. Until, after the "party", which was mainly eating a cake then watching a movie, Cathania went into the little girl's room.

-Ami?..... She called.

-Cathy-poo! Come in, come in! Amelia answered.

Cathania walked in, something behind her back. In the room was Amelia, playing with her dolls, having what looked like a tea party.

-What's that? The now five years old girl asked, trying to see what was behind her sister's back.

- Happy birthdaaaaay!

Cathania took out the bouquet of flowers, a ribbon around the flowers. Amelia gasped, running over to her sibling to look at the flowers.

-They're so prettyyyyyyyyy! Amelia screetched.

-shhhhhhh, mommy doesn't know! Cathania said, putting her finger over her sister's lips.

-oh, okay! She whispered cutely.

Cat giggled. For the rest of the evening, she spent all her time with her sister, not letting her out of her sight for a second. Once the sun finally set, they slept in the same room. Cathania would do anything for her little sibling's happiness.

Even the riskiest things.