1- A Genie?!

~Author POV~

"See Bakugo? This isn't so boring is it?" A red haired male asked his irritated spiky blond friend.

"Whatever Shitty Hair. Why the hell did you bring me here anyway?" The ash blond asked while looking around the dense forestry around him.

The shark toothed boy stopped and turned around to face his confused friend. "There are rumors..." the male started dramatically, making the ash-blond roll his crimson red eyes. "That a Genie's lamp hides somewhere in this forest. It is said that if you listen closely, you'll be able to hear the soft singing of a female that will lead you right to it. And... nobody has found the lamp in 5 years since the last time it was said to have been put back by its past users." He finished.

Bakugo raised an eyebrow before a tick mark appeared on his forehead. "So you mean to tell me... that yoU BROUGHT ME ALL THE WAY OUT HERE FOR A STUPID FAIRY TALE??" The hedgehog yelled as he harshly grabbed the redheads collar.

Kirishima raised his arms in surrender as he sweat dropped. "I just wanted to see for myself and bring my best friend along." He said with an awkward smile.

"Tch. Whatever." The explosive boy said while letting go of Kirishima's collar. The boys continued walking through the dense forestry in a comfortable silence when a hum was heard.

"Bro, do you hear that?" Kirishima asked in awe. Bakugo smirked.

"Maybe it isn't a fairy tale after all." He said, following the beautifully hummed melody. As they continued on, the humming grew louder, indicating that they were getting closer.

After a while, the intoxicating melody lead the two males to a cave. Bakugo didn't hesitate for a second before walking into said cave, with Kirishima reluctantly following behind. With each step the boys took, the floor glowed in tiny patches just under each foot and with each step taken. Kirishima noticed the awe enticing sight of the perfect sky blue colors until one step that his firecracker friend took turned the entire floor beneath them red and the ground began to shake.

The mystical melody stopped and a pillar began to rise up from the ground and on top of said pillar was a lamp. Then a voice was heard again. Although, it wasn't the same soothing hum but a sad sort of song.

"Welcome to my world that's painted with sadness. There's no light of sun, and you can't hear any sound at all. Here I'm waiting silently for you father. Why were you so cruel? Why'd you leave me all alone?"

(From Mary's Theme: Puppet)
(The beginning of the song at the top)

"Whoah. That voice is just amazing." Kirishima whistled. He looked over to his friend and smiled upon seeing the male's expression. "Hey Bakubro. I think you should try and see if this Genie thing exists."

"Gladly." Bakugo stated. He cautiously walked up to the lamp and gently pick up the fragile item. Almost immediately upon the males touch, the lamp glowed and began to shake and a puff of orange smoke surrounded the boys.

When the smoke cleared the boys saw a floating girl with thigh length curly black hair. Her beautiful blue eyes scanned the boys as she floated gracefully to the ground to stand in front of Bakugo. Her golden jewelry and pretty brown skin glowing from the red light filling the area. (This is her - credit to artist)

The girl looked at Bakugo straight in the eyes for a while before smiling a soft smile that almost seemed forced

The girl looked at Bakugo straight in the eyes for a while before smiling a soft smile that almost seemed forced. "Hello. My name is No. 6350. It's nice to meet you." She said with a little curtsey and put her hands on her hips.

"What kind of shitty name is No. 652 or whatever the hell your name is." Bakugo said with slight venom in his voice.

"My name is No. 6350. And I was given that name by my last summoners almost 12 years ago when I was 3. I spent 11 years with them." She said almost robotically and with a blank face.

"Let's give her a name Bakugo! It should be fun!" The red head spoke. "How about..." He paused, thinking carefully for a second. "I got it! How about Uma! (pronounced "oo-muh") Uma Whitlock!" He said happily.

"Tch, I don't give a crap about what her name is as long as it isn't stupid numbers." Bakugou huffed.

"Uma... Whitlock..." she said as if feeling the words in her mouth and how smoothly they slipped off her tongue. She smiled and nodded. "Then.... Hello. My name is Uma Whitlock. It's nice to meet you, Bakugo Katsuki."

🔻🔻🔻🔻
778 Words
Written Nov. 2, 2022
Edited Feb. 9, 2024
Published Feb. 9, 2024
🔺🔺🔺🔺