~2~

Lance's Pov

"Mama! I'm home!" I yelled as I walked to my room and flung my bag on top of my bed. I just came back from the first day of school and I was exhausted. 

"Welcome back! Where is Veronica?" Mama asked from the kitchen.

"She said she was going to the library to do some studying and check out some books." I said as I went into the kitchen and washed my hands to help her with cooking. We talked about my first day and how I already made 2 new friends. 

"Yeah! Their name are Pidge and Hunk. They're both really smart, Pidge even skipped a grade and Hunk is my partner in science!" She smiled at me. Mama let me go once Veronica came back from the library and I went up to my room. 

~Time skip to 3 weeks later brought to you by Lancelot~

I woke up to find myself on the floor and my alarm clock ringing violently on my bedside table. I got up and checked the time. It was 7:30. I got up and did my morning routine, slipping on a baby blue shirt and dark jeans, topping it off with a black beanie. I went down stairs and ate toast. Than Veronica and I left for school in her car, saying goodbye to Mama as we closed the door. Veronica got into the drivers side and I got in the passengers.

"Veronica?" 

"Yes Lance?"

"Were you seriously at the library all day yesterday?" 

"Yeah, I was checking out books and it was the only quiet place in this town." I nodded, it was true. Last night my niece and nephew came along with my brother and his wife and it was chaotic. Dad wasn't there though, he had to work a late shift at the hospital apparently.

We parked in Altea high's parking lot and got out. I instantly spotted Pidge and Hunk.

"C'ya Veronica!" I waved as I ran over to them.

"Hey Lance!" Pidge waved at me. 

"Hey! What're you guys up too?" I asked.

"Oh! We were planning on going to the arcade after school, do you wanna come?" Hunk asked. I nodded eagerly.

"I loovvveee arcades!" I said with a smile. Pidge and Hunk smiled back and then the bell ring, signaling that we had 10 minutes to get to class. I said bye to Hunk and Pidge and rushed to my locker and put my bag inside, taking my binder out and slamming the door shut. I rushed to my 1st class period when the 5 minute bell ran, knowing my class was on the other side of the large school. I made it and sat down, out of breath. Now I just wait until this hour of torture begins.

~Time skip to Lance's gym class brought to you by Lance's HUGE family~

I walked in the locker room to change last since I was late. I go to my locker and see a boy with a mullet sitting on the floor, a cut on the bottom of his slightly swollen lip.

"Keith?" I asked. The boy looked startled at my voice and tensed up, looking up with his dark purple eyes. He calmed down when he realized it was me.

"You have this class last period to?" He asked. I nodded.

"You would know if you ever went to last period" I said chuckling. He gives me a small smile and it makes my heart flutter. I shove the feeling aside and sit down by his side, legs crossed.

"Soo, what happened to your face?" I asked bluntly.

"Wow, subtle." He rolled his eyes at me and I rolled mine back.

"Just some jerks from our class is all." He mumbles shifting his gaze.

"Keith if you don't mind me asking, why are people always picking on you?" Keith looked me straight in the eyes.

"Well no one likes a fag Lance." I was shocked. People were bullying him for being who he is, instead of some robot who followed all the 'right' trends?

"That's just stupid! People can't just bully you for being yourself!" Keith looked at me, his eyes were wide. Then in one motion he tackled me into a hug.

"Your the first person who's ever said that to me.." He whispered. He let go of me and sat back down across from me.

"Well besides Shiro, Adam and Matt." He said. The bell rang and we heard all the boys coming back from the gym. Keith and I stood up quickly and I led him out by another exit in the gym. We were outside in the back of the school and were walking towards the front so Keith could get a ride from Shiro when Keith was grabbed from behind and shoved against the back wall of the school. I studied the attacker. He had long platinum blond hair and blue eyes. He punched Keith in the nose, making him bleed. I forced myself out of my frozen trance.

"What the hell man?!" I screamed at him and pushed him off of Keith.

"Are you really standing up for this faggot?!" He snarled at me.

"He's not a faggot, he's Keith ." I sneered at him. He was about to punch me before someone came up behind him and wacked him with a really thick book on top of the head. He falls on the floor unconscious revealing Pidge, with hunk and someone who looked like Pidge but taller.

"Hey Lance, are you and Keith okay?" she asks I look at Keith who was holding his nose with the bottom of his shirt, revealing his chest. I could feel heat rise to my cheeks but I didn't know why so I ignored it. 

"Did you seriously hit him with your history book?" I asked. Pidge grinned and nodded.

"Keith, Shiro told me to tell you that he had to go home early so you have to get another ride home." The taller male said. Keith groaned. 

"Probably fucking Adam..." He mumbled but I still heard. His brother's gay too?

"Hey! Maybe Keith can go to the arcade with us!" I said with a smile. Pidge and Hunk nodded at the idea.

"I can drop you guys off but then I need to head off to work." The boy said. All of us nodded and we walked over to his car in the school's parking lot. Pidge sat in the front and  Hunk, Keith and I sat in the back, me in the middle.

                                                                                                                                                                                                       Thanks for reading! 

Question of the day: Favorite quote of all time?

<3