ONE

Monnette's POV

*thuuud*

"Arghmmmmph"

I managed to cover my mouth with my hands before I could actually scream in pain.

I didn't land on my ass thankfully but still, my legs felt weak and shakey under me. Maybe because I was too heavy or maybe because I didn't plan much for my landing. At least physical pain's much more worthy of tears in my opinion.

I tried my best to stand up, using the brick wall as my support and I finally succeeded, but, walking still felt painful so I went on slow but kept close watch in case anyone sees me doing an escapade from home.

The sky isn't actually that dark yet but only a few people can be spotted walking along the sidewalk.

I know it's too early for a runaway moment but I wasn't totally running away from home. I'm just taking a break for tonight.

'CAN'T I HAVE A BREAK!'

'OR ARE YOU BLAMING ME TO DISGUISE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR EMPLOYER?'

Memories of earlier events kept on replaying in my head that I didn't notice where I was really going because the tears were endless.

I know, I know. I'm way too old to be crying over my parents arguments. I'm 18 and all but I just don't get it why people fight for such petty things. I didn't know money can do this to people. But then I remember, money is actually innocent. It's the things we do using it that makes it look good or bad but still, arguments about money? And then suddenly the fight would branch into mistresses, addictions, vices and anything else to be blamed. Then there's the accusations. If this is married life, no I don't want it.

"Can't they just shut up for a moment?" I sighed into the air and then my tears, this time trippled. If they were flowing like a water from a pitcher awhile ago, now they're like the water from a water fall.

I kept on walking like that, bumping into someone on several occasions until finally, I grew tired and looked straight ahead and now I just noticed that I'm someplace where I haven't gone to before. It looks like an abandoned street, with all the buildings that looked almost demolished, lamp post no longer functioning, and a very quiet surrounding. Of course it felt creepy, since there are no lights and all. I fished out my phone from my pockets and saw the time that it was almost 9. I didn't know I walked for almost two hours now. With all the things going through my mind, it felt only like minutes.

I shut my cellphone screen and brought it back to my pocket and continued to walk. This time, taller broken buildings were slowly making it's way into my line of vision and it felt creepier and creepier as tattered clothes swayed in the air and an occasional howling of wind here and there. Plus there are those cats that makes a sudden shocking noise either with their meowing or their colliding into materials and the moon isn't actually helping since clouds are covering it. All in all, it looks like one of those haunted movies we were used to watching for past time.

I felt the sudden urge to turn around since I'm totally creeped out by the place and I think it's the side of town that most people avoid but something caught my attention.

I stopped for a moment and stared at one of the buildings and that's when I confirmed my first suspicion. Lights.

I walked towards the building and stopped when my second suspicion was also confirmed. Male voices. Lot's and lot's of male voices.

I slowly stepped away from the place and started walking backwards to the opposite direction when I felt someone's presence behind me. My gaze dropped down.

"Please let it be a ghost. Please let it be a ghost." I said to myself. I'm not a fan of ghosts but in a place like this, I'd pretty much prefer a ghost rather than a person. It's safer that way.

I slowly turned around and when I was finally facing what I was praying to be an empty space or a ghost, I lifted my head and was faced with three smirking guys whose eyes looks red, messy, greasy hair and boney features like they haven't eaten in days. They look old but they are undoubtedly just around 18-25 years old. If you still don't get what they are, let me add their taste in fashion trends, they wore scary black piercings and jewelries, either loose clothing or less clothing in black or white color, and black tattered jeans. Though one of them is in casual wear. Get it now?

"Looky here. A lost puppy. Want us to pet you babe?" The guy in the middle said and showed me a naughty smile. I felt speechless at that time so I only managed to swallow and took a step backwards.

"Oh don't be scared, we just want to pet you that's all. We won't do anything else. We promise." Said the guy on the right and tried to grab me but I moved 2 steps backwards this time.

When I finally found the courage to speak, a naughty but not so good of a plan forming in my mind, I cleared my throat and firmly said "How do I know you won't do anything else?"

I noticed my voice cracked at the last 2 words so I showed them a naughty smile too to make it convincing that I want to play with them. Not.

"Once you come with us, you'll see. No more tears for you babe." Said the guy on the left. He was advancing towards me now and then he winked and this time, he successfully grabbed me by the arm and that caught me off guard. I tried wrestling free from his grasps but he was stronger he kept on catching my arm every time I would break free. Once his friends saw this as an opportunity, the two goons grab a hold on me too, one on the other arm and the middle guy went in front of me. I have an idea on what they're about to do but I didn't want to think of it right now so I tried kicking them and shaking them off me but dang, even when they look like that, they are admittedly strong.

One of them made a move on me by moving my hair away from my neck and slowly brushing the tip of his nose on my exposed skin.

"You'll have fun with us kitty. Promise." He whispered then gave me a kiss on my ears. That motion sent shivers to my body and I inched away from him only to have his other lads do the same to my arm and cheeks. Then we started heading towards the building.

"LET GO OF ME YOU FREAKS. LEEET GOOO!" I protested struggled to break free again but when I don't walk, they would exert a little bit more force to pull me just to make me stumble into them and they would attempt to kiss me on my exposed skin again. They would laugh every time they'd get what they want so instead, I walked with them.

"So this is the game huh?" I said smugly.

The guy on my left slapped my butt and I tried to kick him for it but he dodged it fast. He gave me another devious grin and winked.

As we were getting closer to the building the male voices became louder and louder and the conversation became clearer. My third and final suspicion is confirmed. Drug dealers and users.

Oh goodness. All I wanted was a little space from my problems but how did I end up into another one?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So thanks for reading guys! Have a nice day. Lovelots! ^^