Her Crimson Cheeks

Khushi Kumari Gupta was standing in Shantivan for celebrating Holi with Raizadas and her sister Payal. Payal was not only her sister but she was her best friend too. She got married to Akshay Singh Raizada two years ago. Khushi, who had been dreaming of her wedding for most of her life, moved forward and met her eyes with her prince, Arnav Singh Raizada. He was the one who she had given her heart since the annual fashion show where her designs won million hearts, including his. Since then, their journey had started working together in AR enterprises. She walked by him by whispering under her breath, "I am just a loser?... if I hadn't given my heart to this arrogant bachelor ..., I wouldn't be in this predicament. I had lost so many opportunities due to my tunnel vision on this subject over this LOSER for years...

She'd done her best to stay away from him over these years. Being in his inebriated sphere filled her heart with an unbearable ache. Because she knew better, she was running after a mirage. Wasn't she? Maybe she wasn't physically attached to him, but from an emotional standpoint, she'd been hanging off him for years. Perhaps it was time to move on. She couldn't bear watching him having fun with Lavanya any more and decided to be out there having some fun by herself.

A Fun that didn't include him! She was about to begin working on her mission when his voice halted her, "Hey, Ms. Gupta. How come you're sitting here by yourself, come and join us in dancing ?"

She looked back at him, "How wrong was she? She loved a guy who'd never given her importance more than a colleague or his brother's SIL. No ! this is the time to move on from him? In return, she taunts him while raising her eyes brows. "Why do you care? Go have fun with others."

Arnav shrugged his shoulders. "Hey, can't be rude among colleagues? 

Khushi, in her disappointment, "Oh, great. So you are thinking of me as of your duty or another manners crap, "Thanks, but no thanks."

A pained expression crosses his face. "No. I wasn't insulting you. You could never be a duty. You're..." but his stammering and incomplete sentence made Khushi up in rage.

"I'm Ms. Gupta. Your colleague and your bother's SIL. Yeah, I know..."She moves forward, leaving him baffled without listening further.

Her running feet stopped at the glass of Bhang, which was offered by Lavanya Kashup..."Yeah, right, she thinks I am on her way to Raizada. Who cares? let her enjoy this inebriated journey..."

With this, she gulped down every drop. She ducked her head and continued under her breath. "Finally. Maybe he was out of my brain." while sliding herself in a lonely corner without seeing him squatting down in front of her.