i | blood curses and almost kisses

ACT I — CHAPTER I
Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cᴜʀsᴇs Aɴᴅ Aʟᴍᴏsᴛ Kɪssᴇs

───  ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅  ───

In the town of Greendale, where it always feels like Halloween, there lived two twin girls who were half-witch, half-mortal, who, on their sixteenth birthday, would have to choose between two worlds: the witch world of their family, and the human world of their friends.

My name is Lydia Spellman, and those girls are me and my sister, Sabrina.

─ ༓ ─

Lydia Spellman, her twin sister, Sabrina, and their friends sat in the movie theater watching Night of the Living Dead. On the screen, there was a jump scare, and everyone in the theater gasped in shock. Everyone, that is, except for the Spellman twins. They just sat and smiled in joy at the movie, where a man was currently being torn apart by zombies.

Lydia and Sabrina weren't like the others around them — they were witches.

Well, half-witches. Their mother, Diana, was a mortal, who at some point in time had met their father, Edward, who was a warlock. The two fell in love and had Lydia and Sabrina, but unfortunately passed away not long after.

If you took a glance at the Spellman girls, you would not think they were twins. They looked like cousins, at the most. Lydia resembled her father while Sabrina resembled their mother. They were different in more ways than their looks as well. For example, Sabrina often wore a red tailcoat and was rarely seen without her black headband. Lydia, on the other hand, wore a green jacket and was not a headband fan — they gave her headaches.

Even with their differences, the girls stuck together like glue and were hardly seen without the other. As Sabrina had once told her sister, "Twins are like built-in best friends. Even when you feel like you have no one, you'll always have your twin."

After the movie, the five friends walked down the stairs while Harvey Kinkle, Sabrina's boyfriend, began talking about the movie.

"I was confused by the zombies," he started, "I mean, why were they so freakin' slow?"

"Fast-moving zombies is a relatively new concept in horror," Sabrina said.

"She's right," Lydia continued, "Earlier incarnations assumed that reanimated corpses were afflicted by rigor mortis, which would make them move slowly."

Across the theater, Lydia spotted five high school boys wearing letterman jackets. She turned around to her friend, Susie Putnam, and gave her a sympathetic look. Susie peered at the boys, an uncomfortable look on her face.

Lydia grabbed Susie's hand and began walking away from the boys. Susie told her it was fine, to which Lydia turned around and —

Bumped right into someone.

"Oh, excuse me," the person said.

Before Lydia could turn around to see who it was, Sabrina said, "Ms. Wardwell!"

Ms. Wardwell was a teacher at their school, Baxter High, teaching history. Lydia was a major history buff, making Ms. Wardwell her favorite teacher.