ii | principal hawthorne

ACT I — CHAPTER II
Pʀɪɴᴄɪᴘᴀʟ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴᴇ

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Lydia and Sabrina ran to their school, Baxter High, in an attempt to wash off the curse the Weird Sisters had oh-so graciously bestowed upon them.

When the twins arrived, they went inside and walked as fast as they could through the halls to get to the locker room. They saw their friend, Roz, who said, "Sabrina, Lydia! Hey, girls!"

Trying not to sound rude, Lydia quickly replied, "We stepped in some poison ivy, Roz. Gotta wash it off."

Lydia grabbed Sabrina's hand and walked faster, pulling her sister towards the locker room.

Once the girls had arrived, they each jumped into a shower. Lydia muttered a simple spell in hopes of removing the curse.

"If truly I am cursed today,
Let water wash the hex away.
If truly I am cursed today,
Let water wash the hex away ..."

She muttered the spell over and over and over again as she scrubbed herself with a washcloth.

When Lydia thought that the hex was probably gone, she turned off the water and grabbed a towel. Lydia wrapped the towel around her body and walked out of the shower area. Sabrina, who had also finished showering, walked out with her.

Lydia was the first to notice Susie. She was standing in front of one of the lockers, crying.

"Susie?" Lydia asked. She walked over to her, with Sabrina trailing behind.

"Susie, what's going on? What happened?" Lydia asked. Susie slowly closed her locker.

She looked Lydia in the eye, and said, "They pulled up my shirt."

Her lip was bleeding. Lydia was seeing red.

"What?" she questioned, the anger she was feeling laced in her voice.

"Who did?" Sabrina asked.

─ ༓ ─

Lydia stormed out of the locker room, with Sabrina trailing closely behind. She marched all the way to the principal's office, not even seeing if she was permitted in. Principal Hawthorne looked up at Lydia, then at Sabrina. Lydia began to explain the situation, once again not waiting for permission.

"It was five of them, five barbaric football players," Lydia told him.

"They pulled up her shirt, Principal Hawthorne,"  Sabrina continued.

"They pulled up her shirt because they wanted to see if she had boobs or not," Lydia stated.

"To see if she was really a boy or a girl under there," Sabrina said.

"Well, uh, Miss and Miss Spellman, if you could give me their names, then I will have them in for review."

"Susie wouldn't tell us their names," Lydia said, "but I can take a lucky guess."

"Or you can bring in all the football players for questioning," Sabrina suggested.

"You're suggesting a witch hunt?" Principal Hawthorne asked.