~3~

Cleaning and, Oh! My Old Friend; Depression!

~~~

Naruto sighed and got up from his spot on the floor. 

    When did he sit down? He shrugged and supposed it didn't matter. He was exhausted, and not much was on his mind other than sleep. 

    Naruto glanced out the window, taking note that it was dark out - it was probably around 10 PM. He looked away and instead directed his gaze to his bed. His crappy, old, small, falling apart bed. He almost gave a sad smile, but he was very tired. Mental breakdowns take a lot out of you, you know!

    He took off his henge and walked over to the bed, not bothering to change his clothes. Naruto hopped on, lay on his side, and curled into himself. He closed his eyes, hoping to fall asleep for some well needed rest. But as soon as he thought about sleep, it reminded him about how for years he slept next to his wife, always falling asleep next to her. 

    His thoughts started and probably wouldn't stop, and he hated that. He hated how alone he was. There was no one else besides him - just he, himself, and him. And also Kurama. It really was like he was twelve again. 

    There was no one - except for Kurama. 

~~~

Naruto couldn't sleep. 

    He was sick of his thoughts and he had no one. And contrary to popular belief, Kurama didn't listen into his thoughts. Kurama kept to himself and only interfered if the walls in Naruto's mindscape started to shake - the only indicator of dangerously high levels of negative emotion. Naruto wasn't too bad right now, and even though he could be better, it was nothing for the fox to stop his nap for. 

    Naruto dragged a hand down his face and groaned. He was tired, but couldn't sleep, and his thoughts kept plaguing him. He needed a distraction, but technology wasn't really invented until much later into the future, and his young self was too poor to own any books. Not that his young self had any inclination to read anyways.

    Naruto sat up on the side of his bed, scanning his room. Nothing was out of place - even though the entire place was still a half-cleaned mess. Naruto was looking for something - anything - to do. His eyes landed on his orange jumpsuit, and a thought popped into his head. 

    Yes, that's it! He would get new clothes! As much as he loved the eyesore of a jumpsuit, that was just it. It was an eyesore. He wore orange pretty much his entire life, and he was still wearing the orange he normally wore with his Hokage outfit. However, it didn't sit right with Naruto. 

    This timeline, or, whatever, was nothing but different, and he felt like it would never be his timeline. It would never be the same, and orange seemed to belong to his timeline - not this one. 

    So, he threw on a simple henge that he'd secretly been using for years. Pure black pupils and irises, a crooked nose, a simple yet popular hairstyle - short brown hair, slightly fluffy but not as much as Naruto's. Simple, believable, and someone who didn't actually exist. Trust him, he checked. All he had to do now, was alter it to be around the same size as kid Naruto, and, voila!

~~~

Naruto walked into a civilian clothes shop near his apartment. 

    Konoha was a ninja village, and ninjas greatly influenced even civilian lifestyle. So, there were sure to be some simple, mediocre, cheap ninja clothes.