Twelve

When I woke up I felt like a train hit me.

I tried to get up but heavy cold metal chains held me to the ground and I cursed under my breath.

I surveyed my surroundings, I was in a cement room with one barred window. The room was cold, it felt like tiny little piece of Antarctica all to myself, complete with absolute misery.

I focussed on the steel door to my right, assessing the situation before looking at the locks on my wrist. I heard the knob on the door turning and changed my position to make myself look in pain.

A familiar man in a clean white suit walked into the room, his shiny pure white shoes squeaking against the damp grey floors of the cell. I wanted to break the rusted chains holding me captive and rip out his throat with my over grown nails.

"Hi Hun, it's time to have a little chat." he said and patted my head as if I was a dog. I sneered and pulled my head up, trying to bite he hand when he calmly pulled away.

"So, you're going to cooperate and then this will all blow over." he said. I scoffed and leaned back on a wall.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I know you'll never break, so we'll just break somebody that'll break you." he told me, his voice smooth and mellow as if we were talking about the weather.

He said something in his Bluetooth and the door opened. and in came a man with a little girl toddling by his side.

Little light brown curls.

Round face.

Long eyelashes.

Big eyes.

A small blue sippy cup.

It was Leigh, Elliot's twin and my baby sister.

**************

Unknown POV

"Move in." I said quietly to the team beside me, I crept forward and opened the gate that sealed the rust air duct and we ducked inside. We had to army crawl our way into the duck before we came across the room.

A man in a pristine white suite stood in the center, talking to a chained Jessica who was gawking at a figure to the right.

She caught a glimpse at us and I saw her begin to tap on the hard floor.

I looked carefully at her hands and recited to code to the others.

"There's a little girl in their, save her then Jasmine, John and Kennedy, go break the chains on her wrist and Alfa team one get the girl. Shane, you know what to do." I looked around and everybody nodded. I took a deep breath and looked at them one more time and nodding before kicking open the gate.

We jumped down and first thing we did mad go after the dude holding the little girl. I head butted him and pulled the girl behind me and swiftly kicking the dude where it hurts and letting the other deal with him and handing the crying girl off to Kennedy.

I moved forward took out my gun and shot the man in the suit three times before grabbing Jessica's now unchained hand and pulling her out of the room.

We heard the men coming behind us and shots being fired as we slid into the van and a few seconds later shots the other men and women hopped into the vehicle before we began bumping down the road.

I looked over at Jessica and smiled to see her comforting the little girl who I assume is her sister. She was holding her close and rocking her back and fourth

I smiled and gave her a quick side hug as we zoomed down the road and she turned to me and smiled.

"Thanks Asher." she said to me and I smiled.

"No prob, you're our gang leader, we have to help you."

*****

Clayton's POV

"What?" I asked again, gawking at boy in front of me.

"Mr, miss Jessica said to shtap lookin for her and keep Ewiot safe. Shes gonn be fine. Her daddys dead so she's safe fouw now." He clarified. I stared down confused at the little child repeated and handed me a picture, really a stupid selfie of Jasmine and some random dude with the newspaper.

"Let me talk to her." I demanded and the boy rolled his eyes.

"She'll call at later." he finished as he left, getting on his little bike and rolling away leaving me staring at his fleeing frame.

I looked back at the photo and saw nothing strange, not pleading eyes or anything.

I threw the picture at a wall and rested my head on the door frame.

What am I going to do with this girl that I just can't get out of my head?

Short chapter, but it's very a interesting.

I'm sorry for falling off the planet momentarily.

School.

Need I say more?

Anyway, I need to snazzifiy my cover a bit more.

Anybody wanna make onnnneee?

Love ya😘