Thirteen

I hated the dark.

I hated the dark ever since I was trapped in it for hours at a time. Caged until I completed all of my task.

Hook, hook, jab, cross.

I always was his favorite punching bag.

I shook my head, trying rid my mind of my childhood, if you could call it that, and focused on how the hell I was going to get out of here.

I just woke up from a strangely realistic dream, that my friends, I guess that's what they were to me, came to rescue me. I nearly smiled thinking about the fake gang my friends and I had created when we were preschoolers. Seeing them how my brain imagined them grown up, but of course that man had to take them from me too.

I guess I drifted of, after seeing Leigh for the first time.

I hate how brains can give you hope, hell, Clayton even like me in this shit dream. I'm a fucking pain in his ass, no fucking way he'd like me. Plus, I've know the guy for like three weeks. He gave me food, whoop dee doo, must be love.

I checked my reddened wrists, seeing blood seep through the small indents on the ends where it obviously wasn't sanded or smoothed. Figures, homemade.

I realized the only light source was through small cracks on the cement ceiling in this crumbling old building. I tried to get one of the handcuffs off of myself to no avail as my wrists dripped with more more blood, it spilled through the cuffs and splat in the cold floorings I laid on.

"So weak, so pitiful." I heard a echo boom through the room. Dad.

I sneered, baring my teeth and pit at him. "fuck off."

"Don't talk to me like that!" he yelled again, I braced myself for a slap when I heard a small yelp instead. I burst open my eyes to see a wobbling Leigh holding her tiny cheek, crying out in pain.

"DONT TOUCH HER!" I screamed, rising forward only to be held back by chains, but it didn't stop me. I still tried  to yank against the metal that crudely held me still as I desperately tried to claw my way to the small girl now crumpled on the floor crying as he began to use her as a kicking target. I felt the metal dig into my skin and felt the blood drip down my hand. Drip. Drip. Drip.

He laughed, his sick, sadistic, horrible laugh. I pulled again, pushing myself off the wall and thrusting my body forward, trying to reach her. It didn't matter what happened to me. I had to, needed to, protect her.

He slapped her again, making me curse at him in six languages. I pulled with all my force and it still wasn't enough. I kept prying at the chains as he laughed at my pitiful desperation. "Always so weak, really it upsets me you share my blood."

"You sick bastard." I yelled will all the air my lungs as felt the small bones in my wrists detach and I cried in pain as I fell from the metal cuffs.

The man didn't look surprised, just nodded his head as if I had just passed some test. My wrists were striped of skin and bones stuck out of the side of my hands. I couldn't move my fists, but the intense pain was force to the back of my mind as I lunged for the man.

I barely made it six seconds before he grabbed my broken hand and squeezed. I cried in agony as he held my up by them, smirking as i cried in pain.

"Awe look at you, so pathetic." He sneered, his hot breath and warm saliva hitting my face, making me jerk back with disgust.

I couldn't help it anymore, the pain of my bones being crushed and moved and splintered fueled my rage as I swung back and landed a hard kick on the mans stomach. He lurched back and I twisted from his grasp as his fists were slippery from my blood. He didn't expect this and hit the ground wth a loud thud.

I could feel the pure, unhinged adrenaline rushing through my throbbing veins as I ran faster that I think I ever had before, swiping the bawling toddler with my forearm as I barreled out through the door left open and shutting it behind me barely fast enough, latching it shut.

I knew this wouldn't hold him long as I began to run and run. The building was abandoned with the exception of six armed gauge at every exit. I set down Leigh and slowly slid open a window beside me using my elbows and grabbed a price of smashed brick with my forearms. I quickly flung it up and kicked it out the window, it smashing the glass of the building across the alley.

The six men all moved towards the sound it their weapons drawn. I stuffed Leigh's mouth with a torn piece of my shirt and ran with her behind a near by car. The windows were cracked open just enough that I could stick my had through it and using the bloody deformed nubs left of my fingers I unlocked the car. I but my lip so hard to keep myself from screaming more blood slid down my face.

I was able to start the car using a long Bobby pin I always had stuffed in my bra and slammed down so hard on the gas I nearly dented the floor.

I drove sloppily down the streets in the outskirts of town back towards my apartment, I had nowhere else to go.

I suddenly saw the car ahead of me had stopped abruptly and I slammed so hard on the breaks my head bashed against the steering wheel. I slowly felt darkness creep into my field of vision, desperately trying to hold onto my consciousness but finally slid into the waiting arms of sleep.

A/N

Soooooooooooooooooo.

I had this written then realized I never published it sooooooooo

There you go.

I have a new account called DastardlySoul if ya wanna check it out:) hopefully less shit books will be there.

Love ya😘