Anubis

Enoch hovered around the inside of the first room in the case for a long time, his eyes focusing on the scatter few creatures, and sever amount of plants that sat there. Newt had disappeared into the rest of the case with Jacob, the pair of them working on finishing their task of feeding the rest of the creatures.

His mind would not settle.

Constantly the images of what he could become, what the potential future could be filled his mind. There was so much more than one path, and that is the part that wizards and mundanes alike always seem to forget.

It is often believed that the future is set in stone no matter the decision, but this is so far from true. The future is a constant parabola that is affected by ever decision made. Some can have a stronger affect  than others.

The decision, so many years ago, that Enoch had made to move from his home in Germany to his newfound home in New York was one that set this potential future on its path. Newt's choice to come to New York, to listen to the highly recommended suggestion from Albus Dumbledore, set him on the path to meet Enoch Jones.

It was all consequential on the next step of course.

If Enoch were to decide here and now to leave, to venture into a new country and forget the people that he had met, the future would of course change. Perhaps it would be better, perhaps it would be worse, it would only be revealed if he were to do it.

But Enoch had already decided that he much prefers this current path. The closeness that he already experienced with Newt Scamander so far was appealing, he found himself smiling brightly at the thought of the tender kissed that they had shared.

There is stigma in the world today, that those that like their same kind in the way that Enoch likes Newt are lesser than the common man or woman. This is, of course, not true. There is nothing different within a man or a woman who likes their own kind, both experience love, joy, sadness, fear, they are alike. It sits within the Wizarding world as well as the Mundane world.

This will not last. Enoch's visions tell him such, of a time full of rainbow flags and acceptance among the masses, those who hate will fall into the background.

Enoch cannot wait until this time.

"Enoch." The voice startled him just slightly, his cane falling from his hand as he jumped into the air. Enoch was able to catch his balance on the counter top as his cane fell to the floor. "Bloody hell, I'm sorry love."

The term of affection fell from Newt's lips rather quickly, and Enoch found himself blushing at the term. A moment of dissonance passed between the two, before Newt kneeled and took the cane in hand, standing with his soft smile to pass it to the smaller wizard.

Suddenly

A knock sounded, and Enoch's hand slipped over the cane, looking to the open doorway that led to the rest of the case. Jacob was not standing there.

The knock sounded again, and to both Newt and Enoch surprise it came from above. Newt held out a hand to Enoch, and for a moment, the smaller wizard hesitated, taking the hand offered to him as Newt led the way to the ladder.

It was obvious that the magizoologist was concerned, and he took his time climbing up the ladder. When he stood to his full height outside of the case, Enoch couldn't see him, only just barely being able to hear the murmur of a crowd reacting to the man from the case.

"Yesterday a man entered New York with a case. This case full of magical creatures, and unfortunately some escaped." That was Tina, and it was assumed that Newt stood next to her, though Enoch could barely see anything from his spot at the bottom of the case.