Chapter Five

holle ma name es Rachael and I am here to write you a mukefiction just because I love you

So idk it might have skipped a chapter bc I noticed the last one before this was four and this was six so I'm hoping I just labeled it wrong because if wattpad deleted a whole chapter again I swear to God imma kill a... website? app? idfk

Michael

For the next few days, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss; how soft Luke's lips felt, how he tasted. I didn't want to leave him. I didn't. Maybe he just wouldn't tell me and I would be fine. I decided to talk to him about it just in case.

"Luke," I whispered, shaking him awake.

Luke groaned and looked at the clock. "Michael, it's 4 o'clock in the damn morning."

"I know, but this is urgent."

He sat up and I could see that he was at least shirtless... and beautiful. "What?"

"I just realized, as soon as you tell me you love me, I'll probably disappear just like that."

"So? Isn't that what you wanted?"

I shook my head. "Not anymore."

"Well then, you could just stay away from me and I won't fall in love with you," he whispered, not looking at me. His voice sounded weird, maybe he was catching a cold or something?

"That won't help. The only reason I want to stay is because I don't want to hurt you if you do fall for me. It wouldn't be worth it to be here if I weren't with you."

Luke smiled, and my heart swelled. "I'll be fine, I promise. Even if you do hurt me, it's for the better. You'll move on and if I love you, I'll accept that. Besides, then there's always past you/future you, and if I fall in love with you as a ghost, I'll probably feel the same way about you as a human." Oh. I never thought of it that way.

"I love you," I whispered as I left the room. I wasn't afraid to show it anymore.

As I reached the beginning of the path on the forest where I slept every night, I thought about how my third wish came true.

“"“"“"

I was pulling books from my locker when a boy came up to me and hugged me. "Where have you been? I've been looking for you for weeks!"

"Who are you?"

“"“"“"

What? That's not what happened. Luke came up to me and said "Hi, I like your hair," and then I said "thank you, what's your name?" what's happening in my brain?

“"“"“"

"Oh..." the boy said, looking confused and a little sad for a moment before he suddenly smiled. "My name's Luke."

I smiled too, but I was sort of scared. "Michael."

"Nice to meet you Michael." He laughed and I didn't understand why.

“"“"“"

Until now.

“"“"“"

"Nice too meet you too, Luke." He smiled and I realized he had a dimple. I loved dimples, but I was never blessed with one, so I was sort of jealous.

"So, what's your next class?"

"Math."

"Cool, me too!" Luke grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him. I was trying to decide whether I should keep talking to him, leave him alone for my own safety, or call the mental hospital. He was certainly a weird one, but I decided I was going to keep talking to him anyway.