Welcome to Washington

Steve and Ramona been in Washington for a few days, settling down and getting their new home together. Ramona was enjoying Washington, it was still loud but not nearly as loud as New York, everything was green and cooler with not to much city life. The air was fresher, critters actually ran from her, everything was just better for Ramona, grass was amazing! Steve notice that Ramona was much happier when ever they went out, she just look like she had more life and an extra bounce to her step. Steve was happy to see her back to her usual self, sometime at night he spot her looking at the door or even looking out the window she wasn't completely back to her old self but it was a start, Steve was hoping. Moving to their new apartment, Steve had another blonde neighbor her name was Sharen, nice lady but kept more to herself. Steve would sometime notice that she would linger around the building, whispering while on the phone, he didn't think anything of it being apart of the new era has taught Steve a lot, and people loving their phones was a high point. Steve and Ramona was getting their new routine down, they both wake up, eat a light breakfast, go for a morning run, then take a look at their new environment. Nick didn't call Steve for any missions, not that Steve was complaining it gave him time to get settle and relax with Ramona while going through his list that he's been making.

It was early the next morning when Steve woke up, almost walking into Ramona who was hanging out of her bed half on her back half sleeping sideways Steve could never understand how she can sleep that way with how big she is but hey what ever works, and made his way to his bathroom getting ready for the day. Steve didn't feel like running, instead wanting to just relax and take a breather. Once he was done he made it into the kitchen and started making breakfast for himself and Ramona. His breakfast was almost finish cooking when he started on Ramonas, Steve was mixing her food in her bowel when Ramona started making her way sluggishly into the kitchen. "Morning sleepyhead, funny how you wake up right on time for breakfast." Steve said, finishing mixing her food then putting her dog bowl on the floor. Ramona sniff the content before eating smacking loudly wagging her tail while watching Steve put his breakfast on a plate. Steve was getting better with cooking he discovered, watching the tv really help with a lot of things, the internet was just a blessing for things right at his fingertips. Steve was half way through with his breakfast when he felt a familiar wet nose nudging his hand, he looked down spotting Ramona between his legs begging for food of course. "No girl, you just ate, go away." Steve said with a mouth full of bacon and toast. Ramona licked her lips trying to get Steve to cave but the man was like a brick wall.

Steve was finish with everything, cleaned up his kitchen and Ramona area where she left bits of food on the floor, then decided to it was time to take Ramona out to do her business. "Come on girl, let's go potty." Steve said attaching her leash. Ramona was jumping on the door ready for relief, as they were coming down the stairs Steve spotted Sharon coming up, "Morning ma'am." Steve said with a smile, Sharon returns the smile while holding the phone whispering into the device. Ramona didn't pay her any mind, when the finally made their way outside the court area, Steve let Ramona off her leash so she can stretch her legs. Steve found a bench that he can sit on so he can watch Ramona play around and hoping she don't get to dirty. It was very early, so right now it was just them. Steve was reflecting about what has happen to him since he woke up and started this crazy journey. Steve had new friends, a new job, still doing everything that he wanted to do for so long, thanks to Mrs. Barnes and that lawyer Steve was lucky to were he didn't really have to worry about finances, Shield also pay really well so that was never a factor. Steve sometime sit back and think about his past life, and play out were will he be if all of this didn't happen to him. Steve asked Nick about Peggy before coming, Nick said,"I was wondering when you will be ready to face her, I will get the information for you first thing tomorrow." Steve was surprise that the woman that he fell in love with was still alive.

Steve knew she would be an old woman now, but he wanted so badly to see her, just to give her some closure and maybe even himself. Natasha also said that a museum was made in his honor along with his old unit. Steve wanted to visit the place today, but for whatever reason, he just wanted to stay home and go through his list spending time with this crazy dog that was currently barking at a crow that was flying back and forward taunting the poor girl. "Ramona, leave the bird alone, he's just making fun of you." Steve said with a smile laughing at Ramona being out smarted by what he first thought was just one bird but spotting another that was jumping from tree branch along with the other one. Sometime Steve wonder about Ramona intellect, she can be very smart when she wants to be, other times she can look foolish, like now for instant. Steve loved her and wound't change anything about her, Steve remember that Banner wanted to look at Ramona before they left New York, but Steve didn't want Ramona to be tested on, she wasn't in pain it seem like and she didn't act differently, so Steve didn't feel like there was any need for Banner to take a look at her other then just regular health check.

"Come on you big goof, let's head back inside." Steve shouted to Ramona who was about to pickup a stick and throwing it around, Steve didn't feel like bathing her today so he had to stop her before she got dirty. Ramona ran over to Steve for him to put the leash on her, when the gate open, another neighbor walked in with his dog. The man jump in surprise at spotting Captain America and the famous Ramona in the same area, "Good Morning sir, i'm sorry I didn't see you there." The man said trying to keep his dog away from Ramona, who was trying his best to sniff the her. Steve just smiled at the man, "It's no problem, we were just leaving i'm sorry for being in you way. Come on girl let's go." Steve said leading Ramona away from the other dog that was trying to play. "Have a good day sir." Steve said before leaving with Ramona at toe. The duo made their way to their home getting a drink of water then lounge around being lazy bums for the rest of the day. Ramona stayed in her bed chewing on her bone that a butcher gave to Steve when he went down to get meat for his dinner. Steve wanted to try a stew that he saw on tv and figure it couldn't be that hard to make. When the butcher seen Captain America enter his shop along with the war dog, him and his wife overload Steve with as much meat that he can carry on a great deal. Steve thank the couple then made his way home, were he is currently following the recipe that was on tv.

Steve must say he was getting the hang of this whole cooking thing, he found another talent. Steve was mixing Ramona dinner together then serving it to her while grabbing his own bowl. Before Steve sat down he heard a knock at his door, Ramon stop eating running to the door while barking letting Steve know that someone was there and they wanted in. "Hold on, i'm coming." Steve shouted pushing Ramona out the way looking out the peep hole spotting Natasha. Steve opened the door to let the woman in keeping Ramona behind him, "Hey, what are you doing here, are you hungry I made stew." Steve said, Natasha smiled at him, "You cook now Rogers, seem like domestic life is doing you good, Hey girl." Natasha said to Steve then petting Ramona who then went back to her food to finish eating. "Yes stew sounds good, thank you." Natasha said putting her things down, washing her hands then sitting down at the table. Steve served Natasha her bowl then going back to his, "What are you doing her Nat." Steve asked taking a sip of his stew, finding that it wasn't half bad. "I just wanted to stop by to say hi to the both of you and seeing what you are up to." Natasha said taking a sip, she couldn't help the surprise look that came across her face at Steve culinary skills. Steve smiled at the woman, proud that he can make the famous Black Widow surprise any small victory helps with his ego. Ramona was done her food when she made her way over to Natasha siting down beside her eyeing her bowl that had the great smell coming from it. "Don't give her any, she will never leave us alone." Steve said glaring at the greedy girl. Natasha just smiled while looking at Ramona, "Awe come on Rogers, let the girl have a taste." Natasha said giving Ramona a small amount of stew meat. Steve gave Natasha a displeasure look, "Nat you need to stop feeding her, don't think I haven't notice the extra treats you've been giving her." Natasha gave Steve a not so sorry look, Steve just shook his head, when will he learn that he will never win against women, no matter what species they come from. With that Steve, Natasha, and Ramona enjoyed the rest of their evening playing board games, and watching movies that Steve missed out on. Ramona did her usual night routine, she was looking out the window that was in the living room she had her head down on her paws but her eyes was watching out, searching for the man that always return to her.