Volume 2 Chapter 6 Learning

Ruby POV

After classes were done I headed back to my room to see the rest of the team just quietly doing their own thing with Weiss at the vanity combing her hair, Yang cleaning her gauntlets, and Blake reading her book. I guess all of us are still going through a hard time after the highway incident.

(Flashback)

When we got off the airship, a very angry professor Ms. Goodwitch was at the entrance crop in hand "Well, well, well, team RWBY I must say it's quite late for you to be out at this time" her stern gaze look at the four us until it directed to Y/N who step forward to Ms. Goodwitch.

"I leave them in your care and try not to get cared away I think they had enough for the day" Y/N then passes her, heading inside the academy leaving the four of us with our very pissed professor

As Miss Goodwitch just look back at Y/N before turning to us with a heavy sigh "I condone your bravery today but that would not change the incident that happened here, normally 1st-year students similar to your predicament would face expulsion, however, the headmaster gave a more lenient punishment and therefore your team would face a week-long suspension and you all are required to take disciplinary classes and activities as to make sure to avoid another repeat"

As she adjusts her glasses "DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

All of us avoided eye contact, nodding in agreement as tension filled the air. "Good. Now head to your room and nowhere else," she instructed, pointing her riding crop toward the dorms. We obediently followed her command, ending the day with all of us struggling to sleep, contemplating the day's events.

(Present Time)

As I put down my textbooks I looked at the state of my team and it was quite obvious that all of us were still weighed down from last week's event so I tried to lighten things up "Hey team, Pyrrha's match with Team CDRL is gonna start in an hour, you guys want to watch Cardin's but get kicked?"

Yang lets out a chuckle "Yeah sure I'm down I could use a good laugh right now" as she puts her gauntlets on and stands up.

"What about you Weiss?" as the ice queen puts her comb down and faces us "Sure I've been wanting to see Pyrrha's skills in action" as she goes back to her vanity and puts her makeup on

Looking at Blake, who remained absorbed in her book, I asked, "And you, Blake?"

"Huh, yeah... sure," she absently replied, not bothering to put her book down.

Well that's that I guess but did lighten things up, I can't wait for how Pyrrha will do in the fight as I finish up putting away my stuff and head towards the battle stadium with the team

Pyrrha can be seen gearing up in the locker room as she inspects her gear and weapons then turns to the exits before taking a deep breath and then walking in.

As she approaches the stadium she looks at the stands as her team and RWBY are cheering her on as she merely waves at them before looking straight forward to team CRDL, with weapons drawn and intensely staring at her as she stands close to the center of the stage a few feet away from them.

Glynda merely glances at each side then with her right-hand raise then with a swift motion lowers it, and the battle commences.

[Ozpin's Office]

Ozpin looks out and stares at the city of Vale with a coffee in hand and sitting down on a bench as he relaxes and takes in the view

"Enjoying the view" Y/N walks up to him and then stands at his side focusing on the city below