Art Contest: Crystals

Twinstar13_300, I'm finished :3

Well... It was kinda obvious that I had to draw a crystal dragon...😂

I really had a lot of fun drawing this dragon, bc I tried out some new headshapes and overall new anatomic designs. Some of u might know, that I really love to draw "delicate" dragons with fur, feathers etc. With this one I kinda wanted to test out my limits: like how far can I go with my creativity?

For me the appearance of a "delicate" and elegant dragon just didn't match the kinda ruff and edgy appearance of a crystal. So I gave my dragon this scaly and spiky look.

The dragoness herself doesn't has a name yet. (Someone got any ideas?) But she is a special variation of a beryl dragon (not to be confused with beryllium. Beryllium can be extracted out of beryl). Beryl is a mineral that comes with the stereotypical shape of a crystal, and can appear in the colors: blue, green, white or sometimes even yellow. Beryl can be red too! But it's extremely rare.

Beryl Dragons do have wings, but they are likely too smal and too heavy to fly with

Beryl Dragons do have wings, but they are likely too smal and too heavy to fly with. Still, the beryl dragons are mountain inhabitants and use their additional pair of claws on their wings to climb! Although they don't have natural predators (bc no one wants to chew on a bunch of rock hard crystals), they have a variety of ways to defend themselves. For example their wings: they are coated with a stretchy membrane which prevents the crystals inside their wings from breaking. The crystals act like tiny reflectors and can bundle the light to an extension, where it can blind potential predators. With the tail its kinda the same just way stronger. The black scales that are visible, actually only coat the surface. Which means that the body of a beryl dragon is made up of more beryl on the inside. Beryl dragons have crystallike growings under their cheeks which catch sunlight and send it through their body in which it gets reflected so many times, that it reaches the concentration of a laser, which then can be shot out of their tail.

Oof enough fantasizing for me today.😅

I dunno. I hope y'all like it.

-The MD