Hidden Diagnosis

Last Time:

The professor paused to mentally wrestle over a decision before setting up another potion to simmer ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Harry smiled as he looked at his calculations written on the sheet of parchment, "I'm onto something ... yeah this could work, but I need to consider the dreams part of the mind- ... crap it's dinner time." He gathered up the tools, books and papers scattered throughout half of the empty Gryffindor dorm and locked it in his trunk, which was now heavily warded for security. He changed out of his uniform and got into some dark jeans and a simple gray t-shirt. There didn't seem to be a point in dressing warm if he intended to stay in the school.

The place felt so empty, but it didn't bother Harry as much as walking into the Great Hall and not seeing the pain in the ass headmaster on his seat. Dumbledore was probably having a lovely holiday while he's stuck here. He seems to like taking every chance he can to get him separated from the Weasleys. Wonder what he thinks is going on? The runes under his bed at the Dursleys were still intact every time he went there and Dumbledick never made him live elsewhere so if he didn't know what is this all about?

And where was Professor Snape? He is the only one who stays to watch the students who stay for the holidays, but the professor's seat was empty.

"Potter, come sit." Harry raised an eyebrow as he spotted the three Slytherins from before and remembered the almost unbelievable conversation that occurred just a few hours ago ... his head was still trying to wrap itself around it.

"Ok, but why are you guys acting like this? Most of the time you're picking fights." Harry commented curiously as he sat down next to Draco and across from Blaise.

Draco rolled his eyes, "You're no better."

The Potter raised an eyebrow, "How so? I never started any fights. Ron and I try to ignore you when you're in your moody time of the month." Blaise and Greg tried, but failed epically in stopping their snickers making Draco blush in anger and a little embarrassment.

"What do you mean? You started that fight-..." Draco paused trying to think of an example.

Greg cringed, "err ... he's right, Draco. It's always either you or ... Granger."

"Yeah, I only step in when things go too far ... Hermione is showing more issues the longer we know her." Harry grumbled. The house elves appeared with trays of food and looked a little confused as to why Harry Potter was eating with the Slytherins, but they shrugged it off and served the food.

"She's lost it. Why are you even friends-" Blaise reached for the pasta, but froze as his hand brushed against Harry's causing a pleasant jolt to race up his spine. "I-I mean she was never really pleasant."

Harry raised an eyebrow at Blaise's flustered reaction, but pretended to ignore it, "Well after that troll incident in our first year, Ron and I, tried to help her out. At first, it seemed like she was a good friend and it sort of spiraled out of control as her head inflated."

"The book she took from you, what was it?" asked Greg as he kicked Blaise under the table for drooling while staring at Harry's chest ... not so subtly mentally undressing the Gryffindor.

Right now the muggle raised part of his mind wanted to say 'journal', but as Ron has been trying to drill into his skull that's not the wizarding word for it. "It's my grimoire." It really didn't matter to Harry if these people knew. They don't go running to Dumbledore or other teachers like a certain witch. Besides, they, like Ron and Neville, are pure bloods and know the significance. Of course. this sudden change of attitude helped a lot with trusting them.