7

Jane's PoV

As I sit waiting for Maura to come back wondering what is taking her so long I realise how nervous I am being on my own.

A group of lads I don't recognise walk past all laughing and having fun and it makes me start to panic just as I'm about to get up and head back into the store I hear Maura's heels clicking faster as she must sense the fear that's washed over me, causing me to loose my breath.

"Shit Jane breath. Look at me, just look at me focus on me and just breathe. In and out, that's it, you can do it. Sorry I was so long the guy took ages." Maura spoke

"That's... ok.... please... can... we.... go.... now?" I managed to get out in between breathes.

"Sure let me take the bags" Maura stated

"But.. there's loads.." I say

"Hey... shopping pro here" Maura replies whilst winking at me.

She gathers up all the bags and we head straight for the exit. That's when I see them. All of them standing there waiting, as if they knew I hadn't left.

"Fuck. Maura. I can't." I start to panic again.

"Jane look at me it's going to be fine. Follow me." Maura takes the lead and I do as she asked and I follow her.

We head back towards the stores we just came from then she turns down a narrow corridor before getting back to the stores there's a door at the end that states security.

Maura knocks on the door and a man answers, she steps in side slightly has a quiet word with the officer and steps back out.

"Come on Jane" she says as we follow the officer.

"Wait Maura I cant go out there I don't want them to see me." I say with fear in my voice.

"You trust me don't you?" She asks

"I.. yes" I reply, it then dawns on me that I trust her more than anything.

"Then follow me you will be fine." I follow Maura as she stops and waits whilst 5 security officers deal with the group of teens that were waiting for them, they all disperse and leave.

"See I told you" she smiles and we head to the car.

We load the bags into the trunk. Climbing in the car I realise how tired I am.

"Maura what did you tell the security man?" I ask

"The truth Jane. That there was a bunch of teenagers waiting for you and they only wanted to cause you pain, and I asked if he could help so I was able to take you home." Maura's reply was sincere.

"Oh. Thanks"

————-

Maura's PoV

I concentrate on driving through the Saturday lunch time traffic when I realise Jane's breathing has changed. As I pull up to a set of lights I glance across to her and see she has fallen asleep.

As I drive the rest of the way home, I smile thinking about what I have bought and mentally finding places for everything in my dressing room.

Pulling up to the house I climb out of the car unlock the house carry all the bags in before going back to the car for Jane.

"Come on sleepy head we are home"

"Urgh did I fall asleep in the car" Jane asks

"You did, you had a long night and your still recovering so don't worry. Are you sure you still want to stay in the house with me?" I ask one last time before taking the bags up.

"Yeah if that's ok with you I feel safer here with you" Jane says honestly looking at me.

"That's fine by me, come on let's see what you got and get everything put away" I say smiling as I lead the way up the stairs, I put Jane's bags down on her bed then head to my room and put mine down.

I go back into Jane's room and help her sort her new clothes out.

"Maura your very generous letting me stay here and buying all of this for me. I can't thank you enough." Stated Jane

"Your more than welcome I enjoyed it. You can stay here as long as you need."

We hang her clothes in the wardrobe and place her shoes in the base.

"I never picked this up" Jane said confused looking at the joggers and pj bottoms

"I thought you might like them" I say smiling,

"You thought of everything thank you, I'm going to put these on they look so comfortable" Jane stayed whilst she was holding the joggers.

"No probs I'll be in my room come over when your ready."

I head back to my room to start to place my new collection away in their rightful places.

I cannot wait to wear this azure dress I bet it will fall in all the right places.
I find myself laughing at the thought of wearing it to school.

"What's funny?" Jane asks nearly giving me a heart attack

"Nothing really just thinking about my clothes"

"Wow Maura you have so many.. they are loverly" Jane said as she stepped into my dressing room

"You haven't seen my favourite bit yet, turn to your left"

Jane turned a corner that she hadn't realised was there
"oh my god. Do you have a problem I need to know about" she laughed

"No I don't a girl can never have too many shoes! Speaking of which...here"

I pass Jane the last black bag,
"Wait what's this?" She quizzes

"Open it I saw them and thought you would like them"

As Jane unwraps the bag I notice she has my t shirt on and her new joggers they fit her perfect just hanging with ease off her hips.

"Oh Maura, these are amazing"

I realise she's sat on the floor putting her new boots on. They are flat black military style boots.

"I thought they would look great with your skinnies. You don't even need to lace them all the way up."

Jane jumped up and lunged at me taking me by surprise. She wrapped her arms around me, I hug her back.

"I love them Maura thank you so much. Thank you for everything." Jane exclaims

I hold her there in that hug perhaps a little too long, it feels nice to be hugged again.

"Your welcome." I release her embrace stepping back looking at her
" I can't be bothered to cook tonight do you like Chinese food? I thought we could eat and maybe watch a movie if your not too tired?"

"That sounds perfect Maur, let me put my boots away and I'll be down." Jane reply

I decide before I go down I'll change into something more comfortable.

Did Jane just call me Maur? I think she did no ones ever called me that before... it sounded.... nice

——————————