12

Maura's PoV

Getting frustrated at myself for not knowing how to help Jane when I can see there's something tormenting her is really annoying. I just want to help her.

I watch her leave heading up the stairs for her room then sitting down on the couch I notice it's nearly 1030pm, I really should go to bed soon. I catch up on the headlines of the news then turn off the lights and head up, noticing there's no light creeping under Jane's door I hope she's sleeping soundly.

I change and pull the sheets back climbing in bed, tossing and turning for a while, until I can get comfy glancing at the clock I see it's just turned 1115pm
Urgh Maura go to sleep you have to work in the morning.

Jane will talk to you when she's ready you know she will. Trust her like she's trusting you. I keep repeating to myself. Just then there's a buzz from my phone. Reaching up to the charging pad I see a text from Jane..

Are you still awake? - J

Smiling to myself I send a quick reply

You should be sleeping you have school in the morning - M

Haha so do you ;) - J

What's up sweetie? - M

Can I come in? - J

Open the door Jane... - M

I sit up pulling the sheets up above my chest as the door slowly opens I flick the bedside lamp on. Keeping my eyes closed as to not blind myself.

When I open them I see Jane leaning against the now closed door holding her arm..
Not wanting to ask the obvious question I ask

"Can't sleep either huh?"

"Err no.. Maur I need to ask you to do something for me.. it might be a strange question but I need help.." she answered sounding scared

"Shoot.. you know I'll always help you.."

Finding the courage she looks me dead in the eye lifting her arm I can see she's been picking at the dressing..
" can you wrap this.. cover it for me it's too... too tempting.."

"Sure I will" I say as I climb out of bed heading to my bathroom to get a bandage. Thinking to myself that took her some serious guts to ask.
"Sit down won't be a sec" I call back to her

Flicking the light off in the bathroom off as I walk back into wrap her arm I see she's sat on the edge of my bed with her head hung low. I check the dressing and start to wrap the bandage around her arm.

"She told me to never go back. I'm not welcome...
don't ever come back Jane your not welcome here..your not part of this family not anymore"
Jane said whilst trying to hold back the tears

"Oh Janie is that what you didn't want to talk about earlier"

"Maur why doesn't anyone want me around" she says with tears forming in her eyes.

"Look at me Jane" whilst gently lifting her chin " I want you around. I will tell you that every day if I have to. Your a beautiful smart young woman, it's they're loss they cannot accept you for who you are."

"You know when I came upstairs?" She asks

"Yes I was worried you know.."

"I battled with myself until I couldn't take it anymore and I text you.. I just wanted to rip the dressing off.. I've never asked for help before.." Jane states

"Well I'm glad you did... what made you ask Jane?"

"You did Maur, i thought about what you said.. I know the next seven weeks will go fast.. and that.. that is what I'm focusing on... I want to be able to.." Jane trailed off..

"You want to what Janie?" I ask

"I... I want to be able to kiss you.." she said with longing in her eyes..

Sighing I place my hand in hers "I know... do you want to sleep in here?"

Raising her eyebrows with a little smirk
I beat her to it
"I mean sleep Janie" I say smiling standing to get into bed.

"Sounds good" she says smiling whilst she watched me stand

"Can we at least talk about that" waving her hand up and down at what I'm wearing smiling to herself

"Why? Like it?" I tease

"Mmm" Jane says through a smile

Climbing into bed I lay on my side so I'm facing her studying her profile. I feel her hand on mind and her fingers interlocking around mine.

"Go to sleep Jane"

————————

Jane's PoV

Wow.. I've never asked for help before.. it actually felt good to ask.. I have something worth fighting for now though... I have a chance at a future with this amazing woman lay in front of me..

Now my eyes have adjusted to the dark I can see she's sleeping, her hand still locked with my own.
It feels safe. I feel safe. Something I haven't felt for an awfully long time.

Seven weeks.. that's all I have to get through.. she said she would be there for me and I believe her.. I trust her... she's been here for me since she's found me.. the broken busted up kid that I am. That I don't want to be.

———————-

Maura's PoV

Waking before my alarm I reach over and switch it off before it starts blaring. Trying not to disturb Jane, I look down at her with her arm draped over my hips and her head on my stomach.

I have no idea how long she's been lay in this position but she's sleeping, deciding to watch her sleep for a while before waking her, I place my hand over her shoulder holding her against me, hearing her start to mutter in her sleep I listen hard trying to figure out what she's saying..

"Why... don't.. I don't...Ma"

My heart strings start to pull when I realise she's dreaming about her mother, she grabs out balling her hand into a fist, gathering my night dress up with it, I can feel how tight she's holding her fist.

Stroking her shoulder down her arm I softly speak
"Jane... Jane sweetie.. your dreaming... wake up..."

"Mmm Maur?" Jane asks with her eyes still closed
Her fist releases letting my nightdress fall to where she had it and her hand laying on top of it over my hip bone, there's something about the way she's lay on me, it's like we are two pieces of a jigsaw and we fit perfectly together.

Looking at the clock I realise I need to get up and so does Jane

"Jane honey, you need to wake up" speaking a little louder than before

"Urgh but I'm comfy Maur can't we just call in sick"

"As comfy as I am Jane we cannot call in sick, come on up you get sleepy head i need a shower."

Jane reluctantly lifts herself up from me and lays on her back watching me get out of bed as I laugh at her un tame raven locks.

"Come on you out" I say jokingly

"Really? I'm admiring the view.. you know that silk night dress clings to all the right places.." Jane says smiling

Shooting her a look that says don't push it i walk in the bathroom, I hear her feet hit the floor and i smile knowing she's up.. just as I'm closing the door I hear her call

"You know that silk is that thin I could feel you underneath it.. and you felt so good"

Blushing to myself I turn the shower on twisting the tap to more cold...

—————————