I DARE YOU TO KEEP FIGHTING.

It's like... it's like fear. It's like fear, mixed with hurt and a little anger. You're feeling a little denial coming on... I mean, it's not like anything they're saying is true... is it? It's all a lie... isn't it?

You find yourself doubting all the words they say, but at the same time, you can't help but believe every single syllable. Of course that's the truth. It's every negative thing you've thought about in the back of your head, but forced yourself to ignore. All you needed was confirmation to bring all the negativity back into focus... and it's sitting right there before your eyes.

After a while, the comments aren't really stopping, and you're a little afraid. You can't physically look anyone in the eye. In fact, your eyes are permanently fixated on the floor in front of you. Your head is no longer up in the clouds like it was before. It's stuck on the cold, hard earth, swimming with a sea of regrets and "what if."

You're afraid to come to school.

You're afraid to get on the bus.

You're terrified to go to work.

The thought of going home... to all the yelling... it makes you dizzy and anxious.

The truth is, none of these feelings.... none of these situations should even exist.