Chapter 1

"That would be ¥15,000." The lady said to me leaving me surprised and even more depressed.

(15,000 yen is 143.10 US dollar)

"T-That's...too expensive." I whined.

(For a meal.)

Her face turned disgruntled from what I've said. Making the conversation short, I thanked her and leave. As I walk along the street my stomach made a loud rumbling noise. I held my stomach as I wander further more into the city.

I bought something to eat along the journey. While my mind was spacing out, I unconciously ended up in the middle of a suburb place. There are few houses that can be referred to as something safe to live in. Not so long ago I'm just along the streets and now I was in an unknown part of the city. That thought alone made me want to run.

But I paused for a moment when I saw an unrecognizable sign, scribbled with faded handwritten letters. Its red tint was almost far to be seen but clear enough for someone near to see.

'Room for rent'

The night was getting cold and I don't want to spend the rest of it sleeping in the streets like the last time.

With no hesitation, I marched my way inside the house. Twisting the rusty doorknob. When the door swings open, the wind blew suspiciously. I scan the room before deciding to take one step inside. It looks gloomy outside but it looks fine inside, I guess. But its better than the cold and dirty cement.

Just a few cobwebs and dust on the floor. A little cleaning and it will look nicer though. The floor somehow creaked making me think of the movie I've seen on a store. The scary movie about a teenager going inside a house without permission. And then after going inside, no one knows what happened but the kid never returned.

Its an old movie and I think I've seen it before I just forgot its title.

"Hello? Is anyone in here? Hello?" I yelled. Trying to be not rude. But what I am already rude, barging in without permission.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion. Hello?" I was already half inside the living room and yet no one dared to answer.

Maybe no one's here. I should go outside before...

My body literally frozed when a cold hand grabbed my wrist. It was held in a vicelike grip. Pulling my hand with extreme force but the hand won't let me go. He tried to scream but his voice abandoned him.

Oh my God I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I really am gonna die!

I mentally screamed. My head was perplexed and I cannot think of anything. Like blood stopped circulating in my head all of a sudden.

A groan was heard making me more frightened and helpless. I am extremely desperate and with a one strong pull the hand unexpectedly let go of my wrist making me hit the wall, the impact stronger because of the gathered up force. With a loud bang I felt my right cheek grew numb.

What the heck!? I thought as I try to lift my head. I saw a man, unsanitized drunk man sitting on a dusty couch. The ripped fiber was quiet big, there are patches sewn on some holes but its just too many making the couch looked very old.

"What...are you doing...inside my house!" The drunk man tries to point at me. The man seems too drunk to even lift a finger.

Its my chance to run.

But even though I wants to run away, my feet won't budge.

"I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to intrude! I-I just..." I was cutted off when the man slammed the bottle on the table.

My body shivers as I stare at the man's angry eyes. I can feel my eyes were about to pop out because of how wide he looks at the man who wears a scary drunk face, bedhair hair, has a bearded face, messy and ruffled clothes and his breath smells like alcohol.

"Why...are you...in my house?" The man's raspy voice was like death's voice in my ears. I can feel my energy getting back.

Building up the courage to speak up, I said.

"I'm just looking for a place to stay in, sir! I didn't mean to trespass or what!" I stated, staring straight to his eyes. The man didn't answered.

Few minutes and I can stand up. A creak sound was heard across the room. The man also stood up and picked up a bottle of alcohol.

He then shove his hand inside his pocket then tossed something. I managed to catch whatever it was and to my sursprise its a key with a duplicate one. I looked at the drunk man with delight and gratitude.

"Second floor. Last room to the left." The drunk man stated as he close his eyes drifting back to sleep. I cannot believe what happened. But I won't let this oppurtunity escape.

I won't be sleeping in the park, or in the street, or in a cafe!

But a thought crossed my mind.

"Uhm...but how much was the rent?"

The drunk man stays silent but answered back.

"I don't know. Ask my son." He answered.

He has a son? This old geezer has a son?

I pushed away the thought and decided to go upstairs. Scared that the man might change his mind.

Last room on the left. Last room on the left. Ah!

When I get there I stare at the door before finally shoving the key in the doorknob and gave it a handful twist. Slowly opening up the door, I took a peek inside. There I saw a single bed, a small study table. A small drawer with a lampshade on its side and dildo.

A dildo? What the fuck does a dildo doing here?!

"Geez. Whoever used this room last really was kinky." I said to himself. Putting down his bag which only have few pants, shirts, two hoodies and boxers and socks as its inside. He has nothing more than clothes and few pennies.

Maybe running away is not a good decision at first but now that I think of it. Living with a wicked aunt and promiscuous uncle is stupid.

My parents died in a car accident and since then, he lived with them. At first it was all right but when he turned fourteen, his aunt forced him to enter various job to earn money. And that money was taken from him by his uncle who tried to sexually harrassed him for many times.

Fighting for myself but all I received was multiple kicks and punches and glares of people thinking I'm an unrespectful and has no sense of gratitude to those who raise me since my parents died. I endured that for a year before formally leaving those shitty relatives behind.

I wandered from places to places. Finding a job, legal or not. But illegal jobs made me closer along the edge and I don't want to end up in prison so I decided to quit.

Finding a legal and decent job was hard but I have to keep moving forward. I wanted to change my way of living and yet here I am struggling to survive.

"Ugh! Enough drama! I want to rest." I said as I let my body fall to bed full of dust.

"Aah! Geez! A-A-Achoo!"

I think I need to clean up first.

****

Done😊