Chapter 6

"Rin, mon amour, how are you this-" "Don't talk to me." Rin shot down immediately. Ben moved himself to stand in front of him. "Oh, please don't be like that, I simply wanted to have a civil conversation with-" Rin put up a crystal wall around him and continued walking.

"Hmm, feisty as ever. I love that about you, Rin." "Shut up, you don't know me." Rin walked down the hall and put his hand on the door knob to the classroom. "Wanna bet?" Ben whispered right next to his ear. Rin snaps his head around to find the hall empty.

Rin shook his head aggressively and stomped into the classroom, slamming the door shut behind him. 'Freaky little prick.'

"Mr. Kesso, mind telling us why you are late?" The teacher sneered gesturing to the class. "Fuck off." Rin took his seat as the fuming teacher quickly scribbled down a detention on a pink slip. The teacher stomped over to his desk and taped the note to the forehead of his mask. "Maybe a little reprimandment will put you in your place" "Maybe a dick up your ass will make you less of a twat." The teacher whipped his head around at the speed of light, eyes full of rage. "You're a teacher, What are you gonna do, hit me?"

Time skip

The counselor handed the box of tissues to Rin who stuffed them into his bloody nose. He mumbled a thanks, barely heard under all the yelling outside the room. The teacher was screaming to the police about how Rin was a little shit and such forth.

Once the yelling was done, an awkward silence fell upon the room. They both just kind of stared at each other. " . . . Rin, does your nose hurt? Like, on a scale from one to ten." "Eh, it's about a 6-" the door opened and in rushed mrs. Petersen. "Thank you Miss Ning, I'll take this from here." Ms Ning left quickly and gently closed the door behind her.

Mrs. Petersen sat on the desk across from Rin, propped up by her arm as she panted lightly. Once she got her breath back she began to speak, "So . . . It seems I wasn't clear with the terms for being able to be in the tri-city tournament." "What do you mean?" "When I told you to be good, I didn't just mean not hurting yourself." Rin groaned and dug his nails into his knees.

"Look, if you want to be in that tournament, you have to work for it. You have to be good all around. That means good grades, good health, and being good to your peers. There was a miscommunication this time so I won't count it against you, but I expect better behavior thus forward. If this is really what you want, then you will be able to do it." Rin grumbled to himself angrily. "What was that?" She leaned forward. "It's. . . It's really hard okay?" He said through clenched teeth. He pulls the tissues out of his nose and throws them into the garbage.

"Well, how about this: if you ever feel like you can't take it anymore or you're about to act out, come talk to me and I'll help you okay? Whenever you feel like something bad is going to happen come and get me." Rin sighed, at least she was somewhat reasonable. "Fine, okay." He mumbled. "Great! Now I think you've had enough school for today and the sensors say your fridge is empty; here." She handed him a small wad of cash. He's stunned to say the least. "Go get some groceries and get some rest. You have an economics test tomorrow." And with that she left the room, leaving him dumbfounded.

'W . . . What just happened?' He thumbed the money gently in his hands. 'Well, I guess the least I could do is do what she says. Ugh.' He exited the school and began walking to the closest grocery store he could find.

The building was small, definitely not a chain like walblarf or targetto, but it looked nice enough. Upon entering he went straight for the granola bars. He bought the blue berry ones and plopped a few boxes in the cart. Spotting some peanut butter in the next isle, he speeded over colliding with a firm chest.

"Grf! Watch where you're going dumbass!" "Bakugou, that's not nice!" In front of Rin was a blonde boy with spiky hair and devilish red eyes and a red haired boy with sharp teeth and a scar over his right eye; on both their chests were UA uniforms.

'Holy shit.' Rin thought to himself. He didn't know what to do. These guys are the real deal, students of THE UA. "U-uh um-" "t-t-today junior." The blonde one snapped. The red haired boy elbowed him in the ribs then rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry about bakugou, he gets a little hot headed some times." Well, at least the red guy was nice.

The two boys walked away, the blonde one grumbling at the red haired one. 'Shit I just missed my chance to get some tips . . . Oh well, it's peanut butter time.'

He finished up His shopping quickly, only getting peanut butter, tuna, onions, rice, and a few other things. He went to the front and paid for his things while the cashier gave him odd looks, probably for the mask and not the nasty food conglomerate he possessed.He left and began walking home.

The sun was starting to set and his arms were getting a little sore from carrying his groceries. He took the long way home because the long way doesn't have a bridge to jump off of. 'Gotta be a good boy, no jumping off bridges even though that sounds pretty good right about now.'

He made it to the dorms entrance and sighed loudly. The bags were so fucking heavy. "Hey Rin, need a hand?" Jake asked with Titan at his heels. The two were practically inseparable. "I can handle it." Rin grunted. 'how am I supposed to get into UA if I can't even carry a few measly bags?'

He got up about two steps, exhausted and sighed. "You can carry them for me . . . If you want." He mumbled, face beat red under his mask. Jake and Titan with smiles on their faces, helped bring everything up the 3 flights of stairs and to Rin's door.

Before they could say anything, Rin snatched up the bags and slammed his door shut, heart racing. The pair stood outside his door, a bit dumbfounded and insulted. They were about to go to their dorms when the door slowly creaked open a crack.

"Th-thanks . . . Or whatever." Rin mumbled, not making eye contact. Jake smirked, "Any time man, if you feel up to it, we should all hang out more." Rin just stood there, heart pounding in his ears. "Yeah . . . Okay . . ."

"Alright, you take it easy, okay man? Hang in their. If you need someone to talk to about," Jake lifted up his sleeve to show faded scars all across the soft flesh while Titan covered his stomach a little, "anything, you can always come talk to us. Take care Rin." And with that, they left hand in hand.

Rin closed the door and slid down it. 'Maybe . . . Maybe I'm not so different . . . Just . . . What was that all about? Why are people so . . . Weird today? Ugh, probably cause I haven't slept in a few days and I'm having a panic attack. Great.'

He stood up, knees wobbling, and put away his groceries.