Dabi x Reader: Comfort

I haven't written a oneshot on him for a little bit, and I know how popular he is so here we go ^_^ For this oneshot I'm going to take a few liberties with his backstory, so I'm just assuming that Dabi is a Todoroki. I did this for another oneshot too. This is kind of short but oh well. Enjoy!

Dabi would often get nightmares, especially on rainy days. It was raining on the day he left home forever, the day that he gave himself his scars. 

Right now it was pouring outside and raindrops pelted the windows. It was so stormy outside that it felt like it would never be sunny again, the clouds were so dark and grey. You cracked open one eye and sighed. You slowly got out of bed to pull the curtains shut.

Dabi was sleeping soundly beside you despite the loud rain. Usually, he would wake up immediately when it rained, but it looked like you were going to dodge that bullet tonight. You crawled back into bed, snuggling close to his warm body. In what felt like an instant you were fast asleep.

...

"Y/n...Y/n? Y/n!"

Your head shot up quickly, and your heart rate began to increase because you thought something terrible was happening. "Eh? Dabi, what's wrong?" You asked, but when you looked around you didn't see anyone. "D-Dabi?"

"Under here." Replied Dabi's muffled voice from under the heavy blankets on the bed. You lifted the blankets, revealing Dabi's curled up form. It looked like he wanted to just disappear at that moment. He looked up and his piercing blue eyes met yours, you could see a bit of their color even though it was dark in the room.

"Are you alright? Was it another nightmare?" You asked him, sliding down to where he was. You pulled the blankets over you two and your eyes could barely make out Dabi's face anymore, it was so dark.

Dabi moved closer to you, putting his head on your shoulder and you lied down on your back to make yourself more comfortable. There was a short silence but you waited patiently for Dabi to tell you what had happened. He just needed some time to process it, you guessed.

"I-I was back there y/n. In that house, it looked exactly like how it did when I was a kid. I heard his voice say my old name, it had that...tone to it...the tone he would use before we would train endlessly." Dabi began, while you listened silently. "But when I tried to leave all of the doors were locked...my quirk didn't work either so I couldn't just burn everything down...I felt like I was suffocating. I couldn't breathe at all." His voice was quiet like the kind of hushed whisper you use so others wouldn't be able to listen in. 

You listened to him, gently stroking his jet-black hair in soothing motions to calm him down. "I called out for you, heh isn't that strange? I didn't even know you back then and I still wanted you by my side." He continued, chuckling to himself dryly.

A small smile pulled at your lips and kissed the side of his head. "Well, you know me now." You whispered. "You'll never go back there either, I can promise you that. You're a lot stronger than you were back then, and you're alright now. You're alright and safe."

Dabi sighed out and tucked his head closer to your neck, his warm lips brushing over your soft skin. You reached over and took his hand in yours, his many metal piercings on his wrist felt cold to the touch. But their coldness let you know that he was still there, right by your side. "I love you Dabi."

"I love you too y/n."

...

The morning came and with it came the sunshine, peeking through the curtains. Dabi woke up first as usual and you slowly started to wake up after him. You went to the bathroom splash some water on your face to fully wake up. Dabi was in there too, running his hands through his soft hair and looking at himself in the mirror. He nodded his head, and glanced towards you. "Sorry about last night y/n. I'm always asking you for comfort, it's shitty of me."

You immediately put your hand on his shoulder and gazed up at him with serious eyes. "Dabi, don't say that. I want to be there for you, you're not a burden or anything. You deserve to have someone look out for you, we all deserve that I think. And if it ever becomes too draining for me, I'll just tell you."

Dabi looked at you, his eyes widening for an instant before he regained his usual aloof composure. "Well, if that's...if that's what you think I won't try and argue against you." He said, a little smile gracing his lips. "Thanks y/n."

"Of course." You said, stepping up on your toes to kiss his forehead. "Now I have to get ready, Shigaraki said today would be a long one and I'm not excited to see what's going to happen." You said with a tired sigh. 

"Oh great, I can't wait to see what that little dry gremlin has in store this time."