SCP-049 x Reader (NOT YET REWRITTEN)

It was the 17th century, and the king had decided to make a masquerade ball to celebrate the birth of his young son. He had invited the entire kingdom, so getting your invitation was quite a thrill !

You were having a very hard time choosing your own costume though. You had to look special, you were going to see the king after all. With the little money you had, you bought a dark purple dress and a mask with feathers on the sides, them being blue, purple and a dark shade of pink.

You decided to add some details to the dress and added a few more colorful feathers here and there, as well as some pearls.

When the day of the ball came, you waited in the line, slowly walking in to what seemed to be a huge castle. As you showed your invitation to confirm your presence, you couldn't help but look around from how beautiful it was. Everything was gold and white, shining brightly. You grinned as you thought how much fun you were going to have.

The ceremony began, and people around you started dancing. Everyone was wearing a mask, and you did too. The other women seemed so much more prettier than you..."Greetings.." You heard a deep voice resonate behind you, and frightened, you turned around quickly to see who it was.

A tall man in a black cloak and robe was standing in front of you, and as you looked higher, you saw his mask. It looked like a crow's face, but white. The man's beautiful and unique silver blue eyes standing out the most. You stared and blushed, feeling a little intimidated by the person's height. Finally you decided to answer.

"H-hello..sir.." you stuttered, looking down at your feet and pulling a strand of your tied up hair behind your ear. You mentally slapped yourself for stuttering as well. There was a moment of silence before the tall man held out his hand to you, bowing down slightly.

"May I ask for this dance..?" He asked so politely, you just couldn't refuse. "O-of course..." You placed your hand on top of his and he brought it up to his lips, kissing it softly, having to bend down to do so. You blushed slightly and stared at the man once more.

Then, he lightly stretched out your left arm with his, intertwining each other's fingers. His right hand sliding around your waist and holding it. Every single move was so gentle, so loving. It made your heart pound. And you found yourself forgetting about the background. The music, the handsome men, the beautiful women and the castle...they all disappeared.

You quickly snapped out of your void, almost forgetting to rest your hand on the man's shoulder. He seemed to smile under his mask as he notices this, bringing you closer to him. And you started dancing. Step by step, it was like walking on water. Impossible, yet so beautiful and amazing.

"What is your name, my dear ?" His voice echoed through your mind, and you took a deep shaky breath. "M-my name is (Y/N)..." The mysterious fellow hummed in response. "(Y/N)..." He repeated once. "A wonderful name for a breathtaking girl...you may call me Damien."

Your cheeks heated up, and you didn't know how to react, though you desperately tried not to step on his foot and accidentally dance out of rithm. This man..had something unusual and strange about himself, yet so interesting. He was a mystery.

You continued your dance and as the music stopped, Damien leaned you back while holding your waist, then pulling you back up and getting extremely close to your face. It looked like he was examining your eyes, maybe to try and recognize you the next time you were to meet ? You were wearing masks, after all.

"My dear..." He mumbled, laying a hand on your cheek and stroking it gently. "I must admit, you are quite the good dancer...Sadly we must part ways soon..." He sighed and looked away, disappointed.

Out of nowhere, you cupped Damien's cheek and kissed the mask's beak gently. Both of you stared at each other for a long time, and the room was emptying itself more and more as minutes passed by. The man suddenly jerked up slightly, pulling away from you as a bright blush formed on his face. He must have finally processed what had happened.

You just giggle a bit and sigh, turning away to walk towards the large doors leading to the outside of the King's castle. But Damien quickly grabbed your wrist and looked you in the eyes, distress filling his voice.

"W-wait-! Will I ever see you again...?" You thought for a moment and looked to the side. "Maybe..." You smiled and left, leaving Damien in the hallway all alone. A small smile curled up on his lips, and he proceeded to leave as well after a few seconds.

OH MY LORD- I ENJOYED WRITING THIS WAY TOO MUCH XD I hope you guys like it !!