Chapter 9

"Dammit, I can't believe you just did that to Bilbo!"

The Durin bothers were taking me far away from camp, I could have gone with Bilbo and help him release the ponies, but no, of course they had to drag me with them. They only chuckled at me. "He's a burglar, he'll be fine for a while without us." I can't believe Kili just said that, I succeded in freeing my hand, finally stepping back. "Well I don't know about you two, but I'm going back!" They shared a look at each other and then at me, grinning. 

"Uhhh, what are you doing?? Nooo no! Fili no! Fili let me go! Fili get me down!"

In a matter of seconds I was on Fili's shoulder while looking at Kili grining at me, Bastards. I hate them. Fili seemed comfortable with me on his shoulder and I tried to get free again but the older brother pushed me back on his shoulder easily, how can dwarfs be so strong? I squeaked as Fili teasedly jumped, Kili laughed. "That was the cutest squeak I've ever heard!" My cheeks reden. "S-Shut up! I hate you both!" The younger brother rolled his eyes and smiled. "No you don't." He's right, I don't, but that doesn't mean I like their choices. 

Fili suddenly stops and finally sits me on a rock, the older Durin looking at me. "Would you mind if I sit next to you and watch you smile?" He grins as he notices my blushed cheeks. "Do as you like, Fili. But I won't forgive you." I turn my head away to find Kili staring at me. "We can make you forgive us." I laugh mentally, how can they make me? I feel something soft on me, both brothers gave me their coats and I felt as warm as I felt back at home, I snuggled slowly and I hear them chuckle, I flushed.
"Men gehyith, we haven't seen your magic yet, when will you show us?" Most of the dwarves wanted to see my magic but Gandalf never lets me. "Sorry, Kili. You know Gandalf doesn't let me. Not with him not being around." The younger brother wasn't having a no for an answer, he was making puppy eyes and he looked so cute. "I must ask first, how old are you?" 

"I'm 82, Kili is 77." I widen my eyes and look at each one of them. "... H-How.. How does age work for dwarves?" I watched as they started to eat, Fili continues. "Don't get surprised, if you were a dwarf with 18 you would still be a baby. We reach maturity at 40 and adulthood at 70."

So in men years they must be at least 24 to 30... Holy fuck, I wonder how old is every single one in the group. "Enough with that!" Kili suddenly spat out. "I want to see how much (Y/N) is able to do!" I smile a bit at his excitement. "Kili, don't be rude, that is no way of treating a woman." Fili is always the party popper to his brother, his smile just dissapeared and he sitted back to look away. I hugged Kili softly, I didn't want to make this awkward. "It's fine really, I don't mind. You look very cute when you get excited." The younger brother looked at me with a small smile. "If I'm cute you are adorable, (Y/N)." I blushed a bit and nodded, Kili stuck out his tongue at his brother and I giggled.

Suddenly I feel something cold on my hand and I let Kili go to look at it. "What is this stone?" The brothers look at it and then at me. "It was given to me by my mother." Kili said to me as his lips form a small grin, I keep my eyes on the stone, it was beautiful and shiny and there was something written on it, but I decided not to ask about it in case it was private. "The stones she gave us meant a promise, that we would go back to her." Fili said to me as he showed me his and I gave the stone back to the young prince. "Then why is she not here with us?" 

"Uncle didn't want her to come with us to such a dangerous journey." Kili said out. "But us, as heirs to the throne, were obliged to come." I nodded in understandment at Fili's words, we stayed quiet for some bit as we looked at the moon, it was the most peaceful moment I have ever had, at least until Kili started telling jokes out of nowhere and we laugh with him, Gandalf was right when he said that dwarves were joyful creatures too. 

I realized the brothers were staring at me, my cheeks had blushed under their gaze. "I-Is something wrong?" They shook their heads as they grinned at me. "Nothing. We were just admiring the starlight." Kili said and I hear Fili laughing at my blushed face as I stood up, taking my hand and helping me up. "Sometimes I wonder if it would be the same without you, (Y/N)." I turn my head in confusion. "What do you mean?" I noticed his cheeks turning red. "I mean, we like having you around... And I don't mean like you are the only woman, you make everything seem so calm in the company." His cheeks blush a bit as he continues bambling, he shut his mouth and scratched his head. I only giggled. "Thank you, Fili. I am glad I'm here too." We both laughed nervously, I looked around and realized that Kili was no longer with us. "Kili?" Fili looked around and his face turned into a scared one.