o n e

Macy's POV

My name is Macy Collins. I'm 16.

I live in Los Angeles, but I'm moving soon. My mom got promoted to the next position for her job and the only open spot for her that wasn't across the globe is in Vancouver, Canada. I'm actually really looking forward to moving to Vancouver because: 1. My parents are divorced and my dad is staying in Los Angeles, so I get to get away from him. 2. Vancouver is super close to Seattle (my favourite place on the planet). 3. It'll just be me, my mom, and my brother.

My mom's friend drove us to the LAX airport. We had already had our stuff driven to the new house in Vancouver. All we had left to do now was to say goodbye to LA, and get ourselves to Canada. When we first drove up to the drop-off area, we noticed a small crowd near the entrance. We gathered our bags from the trunk and tried pushing our way through the crowd. All of a sudden, I saw camera flashes pointed in the opposite direction, and that's when I spotted him. Finn Wolfhard. I was within 50 yards of my favourite musician and actor. HE WAS RIGHT THERE. I overheard him telling someone he had just finished filming something and was now flying home.

I think Frankie (my brother) noticed I had stopped walking because he looked back and yelled, "Macy, come on!" I caught up to him. Dang it, I thought to myself, I didn't get to meet him. We brought our carry-on's to the baggage check and found some seats in the gate waiting area. We still had a half hour until our plane left. I had been sitting there for about ten minutes when I see someone out of the corner of my eye take a seat across from me. I look up. IT'S HIM. He's with a grown man and woman, most likely his parents.

So many thoughts began to race through my mind. He's waiting in the same gate as me. We'll be on the same flight. He's also going to Vancouver. We live in the same city. We made eye contact and he smiled. I kind of just stared for a second but then I grinned back. WHY IS HE SO CUTE. I looked back down and bit my lip.

A few moments later, the announcement came that our flight was boarding. We gathered our carry-on's and made it toward the line.

-----

sorry if this chapter was boring, promise i'll get to the fun stuff soon

~ s