e p i l o g u e

I stood in the kitchen putting away the beautiful new dishes that my mother gifted us for our sixth wedding anniversary. All day, music had been playing throughout the house through our JBL speaker. But it was only now that Sweet To Me began to play. I quietly sang along to the first few lyrics as a pair of arms snaked around me from behind.

The arms gently pushed me from side so we swayed to the soft melody. He rested his chin on my shoulder, as he gently rubbed small circles along the surface of my large belly. I smiled, knowing I was due in just over two months.

All of a sudden, we hear the soft scuffing sound of Scout's paws running against the tile floors, accompanied by the laughter of our four-year-old little girl, chasing after him. Just as soon as they came, they scamper back out of the room. I smiled once more.

"I can't believe it, Finn," I said with a great big smile evident in my voice.

"You can't believe what, baby?"

"I mean, we were sixteen and so caught up in drama, and mixed emotions, and mood swings, and so many other typical teenage things. Yet we stayed side by side through it all. And here we are ten years later. In a wonderful home with our lovely Luna Rae and another little bean on the way. And all the while, we just kept swaying to this same melody. This beautiful song has been our anthem ever since that dance in my old room."

Finn looked at me with the most incredible gleam in his eyes, and it was then that I knew we were forever. (ew. that was really cliche.)

"I love you, Macy Wolfhard," he said, placing a gentle kiss on my jawline.

"I love you more, Finn Wolfhard."

"Oh, but I love you most."

"Dang it, you always beat me." I giggled, causing him to giggle, causing me to giggle more.

I swear I fall more in love with this guy every day.

He's like climbing into a bed of warm and fresh sheets.

That first lick of your favourite ice cream flavour on a hot and sunny day.

The first drop of greatly needed rain in a drought.

And there we stood in the kitchen, swaying to our anthem, singing along to the last lyrics together before our song was over.

"... taking us back for a change."

-----

ahhhhhhh this book is fin(n)ally over! i want to thank everyone who has been reading and voting. it means so much to me to know that people actually enjoy my writing.

now, i know this story may have been a lil wonky, but it's only my first one, so i promise my books will get better :)

i love you all so much, and i hope you have an incredible day <3 <3 <3

~ s

p.s. if you ever need anyone to talk to, i'm here! i may not know you and i may not always be able to relate to your situation, but i'm here if y'all need to rant or just if you need someone to talk to.

ok. love you. bye.