Mary x Reader || The Train ||

It was a normal day. A nice early morning, and you were waiting for the train just like every other day. The light breeze moved your (h/c) hair slightly as you waited for your train to arrive. As you were waiting, you noticed a sun hat flowing in the breeze near you. You blink your (e/c) eyes and reach out and grabbed it. You stare at it for a few seconds as a girl with beautiful, long white hair runs up to you.

"Oh thank goodness..! You caught my hat, thank you very much!" She spoke sweetly, and smiled. Her words felt like honey that almost left you in a trance. You broke from your frozen state and smiled back at her,

"Oh, y-yeah no problem."

She took the hat and put it back onto her head. You soon noticed that she had several bags of luggage with her. "Are you traveling somewhere?" You spoke without knowing as she blinked but gave a smile that was filled with sorrow.

"Yes, I am.. somewhere far away from here." She whispered quietly. You couldn't help but feel sad for this woman. Maybe it was her entrancing beauty, or maybe you truly felt bad for her. You gulped down your nerves and asked, "would you like to talk about it?"
At first, this random woman seemed shocked to hear such nice words come out of a persons mouth. But her eyes sparked with a little bit of joy as she gave a smile and nodded.

You both found a bench not to far from where you both stood, and had a heartfelt conversation as to why she was in grief. You learned that she had to leave her family behind to keep them safe. It was the only way for her little twin siblings to live a happy life. She didn't want to go, but she was threatened by someone in her family she thought she trusted.
You rub her shoulder as a tear slid down her cheek.

"I never wanted any of this to happen.." she sighed but once again put a fake smile onto her face.

"You shouldn't fake a smile.. when you're sad, you are allowed to be sad. Please don't fake a smile anymore. You're to beautiful for that." You said with a smile, not even knowing the words that were coming out of your mouth. A blush ran its way to both of your cheeks and you quickly looked away from one another.

"U-Um.. thank you so much. What is your name?" She said, still not looking at you.

You looked in her direction, and spoke
"My name is.. (y/n). What's yours?"

She finally few the courage to look at you in the eyes, and that's when you noticed her beautiful purple eyes. She gave a genuine smile as she stood up. "My name is Mary Midnight." She picked up her luggage and headed towards an oncoming train. She turned around and waved as a flush of pink made its way to her face as she yelled, "I'll never forget you, (y/n)! Thank you!" And with that, she got on the train, and was gone.

You felt a ping of sadness knowing she was gone, but you still couldn't help the blush that was making its way to your (s/c) face.

"Mary Midnight.. I don't think I'll ever forget you either.."