Chapter 2

Steve and Bucky stepped out of the elevator and started down the hall towards Y/N door, but were met by Nat and Wanda.

"You got a lot of nerve coming here" Nat growled at Steve, but he pushed past her. He needed to talk to Y/N. He heard her crying when he was about to knock. He took a step back looking at the door. What had he done? Wanda came and dragged him away from Y/N door and into the kitchen. Her grip was tight on his arm.

"You leave Y/N alone," Wanda said to Steve. "Or we will hurt you," she said nodding at Nat. Steve swallowed and looked at Bucky for help.

"Oh no," Nat said stalking over to Steve. "Bucky can't help you out of this mess."

"Nat knows how to make people disappear, remember that" Wanda eyed both Bucky and Steve both had their eyes down on the floor.

"Nat, Wanda" Steve tries to reason with them.

"You hurt our best friend" Wanda is not giving Steve a chance to say a word. "Maybe I should let Nat kill you. Make it look like a car accident" Nat looks at the Steve with a smug look on her face. Steve and Bucky look at each other.

"What is happening here" Tony's askes cheeky when he, Pepper, Rodney, Clint and Sam walk into the kitchen.

"Oh..." Nat looks between Steve and Bucky. "Why don't you ask these two idiots". Sam who already knows what had happened walked over to Wanda and puts an arm around her shoulders.

"What did you do" Rhodey demanded as he walks closer to Steve and Bucky.

"I gave Steve some advice" Bucky tries to explain, pursing his lips. "It turns out it was really bad advice." Tony looks around the room. "Can someone please explain?" Nat looks like she wants to kill Steve, and still, he didn't say a word, his lips pressed tight together. So Sam explains everything. Pepper walks over to Steve and Bucky and slaps them both across the face, and then she drags Nat and Wanda away from there. Steve looked around the room, the sting of the slap fresh in mind. Everyone else was looking at him angry, except Bucky who keeps his gaze on the floor, and Steve just couldn't deal with it. Nobody was angrier at him than he was on himself. He didn't say a word just hurried out in the corridor and towards his bedroom. He had really fucked everything up. He knew that he needed to make this better. He opened the door to his bedroom and walked in. The only thing he could think of was to talk to Y/N and hope that she could forgive him.

"Girls, we need to do something about this" Pepper says when they were in Wanda's room. Wanda and Nat nods.

"We can't leave Y/N alone with Steve for a while" Nat says. "She will kill him if she finds out why he did this."

"Even if he deserves it" Wanda sigh. "It would just be wrong."

"Another way that all of this could end is that Y/N leaves the team" Pepper muses. Both women look at her with big eyes.

"What?" Nat breaths out.

"As you know, Y/N was trained at the Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters" Pepper says and looks at both women in front of her. Wanda and Nat are nodding, they knew that. "What you might not know is that they want her back. To be a part of the X-men."

"It does not surprise me. Y/N is a powerful inhuman." Wanda mumbles.

"She gets offers almost every week" Pepper continues. "She has talked to Tony about it and I think that if it gets too complicated for her here. Well, then she will take the offer."

"That is not going to happen" Nat says with an edge to her voice. "We will get her through this. If I need to I will take care of Steve."

"I have plans to take Y/N out to breakfast in the morning" Pepper says. "We were going to talk about Steve and how it had gone with her telling him how she feels."