Chapter 7

You walk into the kitchen with the gang still singing happy birthday to you. Nat, Pepper, Clint and Bruce were standing in the kitchen waiting for you with a big breakfast is served.
You remember that Nat, Clint, Steve and Bucky had gone at a mission yesterday. You really needed coffee to wake up.
"When did you get back from the mission," you ask Nat when she pulls out a chair for you to sit in.
"An hour ago" Nat smiles at you.
"Why aren't you sleeping?" you ask looking around at your friends. All of them were in the kitchen. Clint shrugs taking a big sip of his coffee.
"We can sleep after the breakfast," Bucky says placing a plate with pancakes and berries in front of you. Wanda hands you a glass of new pressed juice and a cup of coffee. You thank them and you the rest of the gang sit down. You eat breakfast together laughing and having a nice time. After a while, you see how tired Nat, Clint, Bucky and Steve looked.
"Guys, as much as I appreciate all of these," you say and make a gesture at the table around you. "Go and get some sleep." This is met with a bit of grumbling. You give them your famous bitch face and the four of them leave the kitchen to get some sleep. When you stand up and start cleaning up the breakfast Sam and Wanda send you away to your room to get dressed and do whatever you wanted. So you leave them to it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later in the afternoon of your birthday and what had probably been the most relaxed day of your life, or at least since you joined the Avengers. Pepper had treated you to lunch at your favourite restaurant and you had gone to your favourite book store, where you had bought some new books, to treat yourself. It was now time to start getting ready for your dinner. You wanted to look your best and have an amazing time with your family.
Pepper, Wanda and Nat had helped you shop a new dress earlier in the week. It was a kind of simple red dress, but it made you feel beautiful. It had a bit of lace on it and if fit you perfectly. The dress lay in your bed and a pair of black heels stood on the floor. You had taken a shower and curled your hair. Now you stand in front of the mirror trying to come up with how you wanted to do your make-up. There was a knock on the door.
"Come in," You said and the door opened. Wanda stepped into the room.
"You are not ready yet?" She asked looking you over.
"I can't decide on my make-up" you make a gesture at the make-up you had.
"Hmmm" Wanda walks over and points at your chair in front of your make-up table. She takes out your favourite red lipstick, that was the same shade as your dress. Your nails were already painted in the same red shade. Wanda helps you with your make-up and in no time you are ready to leave your room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You walk out of your room with Wanda and Steve is standing outside. He looked good in a pair of black pants and a dark blue shirt. Wanda makes an excuse to leave you two alone.
"You look beautiful, Y/N," Steve says giving you a big smile. You blush.
"You don't look so bad yourself," You comment. "Escort me to the dinner?" You smile at Steve. He offers you his arm and you accept it. You walk in silence down the hallway. When you had reached the others, Wanda and Bruce walked over to you and you started talking. Waiting for the rest to arrive before dinner.
"Look who we found in the elevator," Nat says walking into the room and behind her is Pepper and your father talking.
"Dad," you laugh and walk over to him. He pulls you into his arms.
"Happy Birthday, sweetheart!" he says. He releases you and you look around the room, your eyes stopping for a moment on Steve. His eyes meet yours with a lifted brow and you look away, feeling your cheeks starting to get hot.
"You need to meet the team," you say and take your father's hand, pulling him to the team.
"Dad, this is the Avengers," You say. "This is my father, Frank Y/N." You say to the team.
"This is Clint Barton, Wanda Maximoff, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. We are missing Rhody, Peter Parker and Thor." Greetings and pleasantries are exchanged.
"Happy Birthday, Y/N," a happy voice says from behind you. You turn around.
"Peter" you squeal and running into his open arms. Peter catches you and spins you around.
"Did you really think I would let you celebrate your birthday without me?" Peter laughs and puts you down on the floor again. You take his hand and drag him to the rest of the gathering.
"Dad, this is Peter Parker," you say. "Peter, this is my father Frank." They great each other.
"It's nice to finally meet Y/N's other family," Your father says after a while. Your eyes move around the room. Family. It warmed your heart to know that your father understood. Your eyes reach Steve and he was already looking at you smiling big. You give him a smile before you look over at Pepper. She makes a gesture and you walk over to her. What you did not notice is that she wants you to join her so that your father can talk to Steve.